The Ryobi RY142711 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2700 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||RY142711VNM|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5-in-1 nozzle, turbo nozzle|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY142711
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY142711 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
With a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2700 PSI (roughly 45 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM (values as per PW101-2010), resulting in the Ryobi RY142711's cleaning power of 2970 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RY142711 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY142711 provides great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY142711 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 50 lbs. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 12" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Ryobi RY142711 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The Ryobi RY142711 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand.
- Nozzles: In addition to a turbo nozzle, a convenient 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY142711's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY142711 also comes with power cord, spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
The Ryobi RY142711's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY142711 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY142711, with a max water pressure of 2700 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the electric products in the $240-300 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Greenworks GPW3000 with a PSI of 3000.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, that can deliver up to 2.3 GPM.
- With a rather impressive value of 2970 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the RY142711 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Greenworks GPW3000 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY142711 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Induction motor
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- High PSI for the price
- High CU for the price
- Low GPM for the price
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY142711 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.