The Ryobi RY802900 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY802900
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY802900 is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Ryobi RY802900's axial cam pump, powered by a 173 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2900 PSI (approximately 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Ryobi RY802900 thus has a cleaning power of 6670 Cleaning Units.
The Ryobi engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY802900 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY802900 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 53 lbs. Its 173 cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the RY802900 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY802900 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The Ryobi RY802900 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY802900 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY802900 also comes with funnel, wand, pressure hose, oil, soap hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY802900 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY802900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY802900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY802900 and its 2900 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $300 and $400. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Stanley SXPW3425 with 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- With 6670 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY802900 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 with its 9520 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY802900 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY802900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.