The Ryobi RY802900 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY802900
The Ryobi RY802900, a heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 173 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2900 PSI (roughly 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 6670 Cleaning Units.
The Ryobi engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY802900 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY802900 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 53 lbs. Its 173 cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the RY802900 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Ryobi RY802900 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY802900 will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY802900's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY802900 also comes with pressure hose, wand, oil, spray gun, soap hose and funnel.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY802900 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY802900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY802900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2900 PSI, the Ryobi RY802900 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $240 and $300. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Simpson CM61083 with 3400 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.3 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Powerhorse 89897 has the highest GPM of 2.6.
- With the RY802900's 6670 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Simpson CM61083 and its 8500 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY802900 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY802900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.