The Ryobi RY802900 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY802900
In summary, the Ryobi RY802900 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 173 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 2900 PSI (almost 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 6670 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Ryobi engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.25 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY802900 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY802900 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 53 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 173 cc Ryobi engine and its steel tubing frame. The RY802900 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
The Ryobi RY802900 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY802900 will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY802900's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY802900 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, spray gun, wand, soap hose, funnel and oil.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY802900 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY802900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY802900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY802900 with its 2900 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $250-300 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Powerhorse 89897, which reaches up to 3200 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flows value compared to devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Powerhorse 89897, that can deliver up to 2.6 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 6670 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RY802900 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Powerhorse 89897 and its 8320 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY802900 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY802900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.