The Ryobi RY802900 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||173cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY802900
In summary, the Ryobi RY802900 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
With a 173 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2900 PSI (roughly 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Ryobi RY802900's cleaning power of 6670 Cleaning Units.
The Ryobi engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY802900 offers great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY802900 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 53 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 173 cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the RY802900 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Ryobi RY802900 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY802900's automatic soap dilution mechanism. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY802900 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY802900 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, soap hose, oil, funnel, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY802900 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY802900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY802900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY802900, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2900, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $300 to $400 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3200, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- With 6670 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the RY802900 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW3400 and its 9180 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY802900 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- No soap tank
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY802900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Does not have an onboard detergent tank,really a pain carrying outside container when repositioning washer.