The Ryobi RY802900 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||173cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY802900
In summary, the Ryobi RY802900 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 173cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2900 PSI (roughly 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 6670 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Ryobi engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY802900 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY802900 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 53 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 173cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the RY802900 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY802900 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY802900's automatic soap dilution mechanism. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY802900's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY802900 also comes with oil, pressure hose, funnel, soap hose, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY802900 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY802900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY802900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $320.
- The Ryobi RY802900, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2900, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $300 to $400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The RY802900's Cleaning Units, 6670 CU (PSI X GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY802900 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY802900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.