The Ryobi RY802900 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY802900
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY802900 is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Ryobi RY802900's axial cam pump, powered by a 173 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2900 PSI (approximately 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Ryobi RY802900 thus has a cleaning power of 6670 Cleaning Units.
The Ryobi engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY802900 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY802900 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 53 lbs. Its 173 cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the RY802900 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY802900 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The Ryobi RY802900 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY802900 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY802900 also comes with funnel, wand, pressure hose, oil, soap hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY802900 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY802900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY802900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2900 PSI, the Ryobi RY802900 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $255 and $300. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Simpson CM61083 with a PSI of 3400.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Excell EPW2123100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- The 6670 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the RY802900 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Excell EPW2123100, which can reach up to 8680 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY802900 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY802900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.