The Ryobi RY802925 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY802925
The Ryobi RY802925 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Ryobi RY802925's axial cam pump, powered by a powerful 212 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2900 PSI (approximately 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). The Ryobi RY802925 thus has a cleaning power of 7250 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY802925 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The adds to the RY802925 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 64.9 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 212 cc engine and its steel frame. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, the RY802925 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Ryobi RY802925 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The Ryobi RY802925 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY802925's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY802925 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as oil, spray gun, funnel, nozzle cleaner, soap hose, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY802925 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY802925's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY802925 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY802925, with a max water pressure of 2900 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $195-255 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Ryobi RY803001 with a PSI of 3000.
- With a water flow of up to 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- With a rather impressive value of 7250 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY802925 has one of the highest cleaning efficiencies compared to similarly priced devices.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY802925 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||RY802925VNM|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY802925 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.