The Ryobi RY802925 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY802925
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY802925 is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a powerful 212 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 2900 PSI (almost 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7250 Cleaning Units.
The engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY802925 offers great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The adds to the RY802925 convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 64.9 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 212 cc engine and steel frame. Since the RY802925 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY802925's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY802925 will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY802925's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY802925 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, wand, funnel, oil, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY802925 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY802925's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY802925 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2900 PSI max pressure output, the Ryobi RY802925 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $240 to $300 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Simpson CM61083, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Powerhorse 89897, with 2.6 GPM.
- The 7250 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the RY802925 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Simpson CM61083 and its 8500 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY802925 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||RY802925VNM|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY802925 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.