The Ryobi RY802925 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2900 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212cc OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||RY802925VNM|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY802925
The Ryobi RY802925 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
With an impressive 212 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2900 PSI (roughly 48 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards), resulting in the Ryobi RY802925's cleaning power of 7250 Cleaning Units.
The engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY802925 offers great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The adds to the RY802925 convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 64.9 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 212 cc engine and its steel frame. But, as the RY802925 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Ryobi RY802925 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The Ryobi RY802925 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 20:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY802925's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY802925 comes with spray gun, funnel, pressure hose, soap hose, wand, oil and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY802925 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY802925's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY802925 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY802925, which can reach up to 2900 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $195 and $255. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3200 that can reach up to 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- Reaching up to 7250 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the RY802925 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Westinghouse WPX3200 and its 8000 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY802925 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Good range of nozzles included
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- High PSI for the price
- High GPM for the price
- High CU for the price
- No soap tank
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY802925 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.