The Ryobi RY803000E is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803000E
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY803000E is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3000 PSI (around 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY803000E has a cleaning power of 7200 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV160 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability, as it offers a dual starting mechanism: you may choose the more convenient electric start, or the classic pull-start mechanism. The electric start requires a 12V battery, which is included.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803000E offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.5 x W17.5 x H37.5 in. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803000E convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 71 lbs. Its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the RY803000E has a set of two 12" wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY803000E's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Ryobi RY803000E features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY803000E features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY803000E also comes with oil, spray gun, wand, pressure hose and funnel.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803000E is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803000E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803000E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY803000E, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3000, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $400 to $500 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the DeWalt DXPW3625, which reaches up to 3600 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, with a GPM of 3.
- The RY803000E ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 7200 CU (PSI x GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803000E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Ryobi Axial Cam|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.5 x 17.5 x 37.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803000E is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.