The Ryobi RY803000E is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803000E
The Ryobi RY803000E is a heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3000 PSI (around 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY803000E has a cleaning power of 7200 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV160 engine provides a convenient and reliable start of this gas-powered pressure washer, with a dual start mechanism: you may choose the more convenient electric start, or the classic pull-start mechanism. The electric start requires a 12V battery, which is included.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.25 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803000E is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.5 x W17.5 x H37.5 in. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803000E convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 71 lbs. Its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. But, as the RY803000E does have a set of two 12" wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY803000E comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY803000E will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY803000E's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY803000E comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, funnel, oil, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803000E is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803000E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803000E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY803000E with its 3000 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $400-500 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Briggs & Stratton 20505 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The RY803000E's Cleaning Units, 7200 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370E with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803000E is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Ryobi Axial Cam|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.5 x 17.5 x 37.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803000E is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.