The Ryobi RY803000E is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
If you were looking to purchase it, you may want to have a look at the Ryobi RY803001, which has similar specs.
You can also try to find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803000E
The Ryobi RY803000E is a heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (roughly 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 7200 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV160 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability, as it offers a dual starting mechanism: you may choose the more convenient electric start, or the classic pull-start mechanism. A 12V battery, which is included in the package, is required for the electric start.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.25 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803000E is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.5 x W17.5 x H37.5 in. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803000E convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 71 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel tubing frame. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" wheels, the RY803000E remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
Along with the Ryobi RY803000E itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY803000E will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY803000E's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY803000E comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, funnel, spray gun, pressure hose and oil.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803000E is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803000E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803000E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $410.
- The Ryobi RY803000E, a device which can produce up to 3000 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $400-500 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3425 with a PSI of 3400.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.4 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370 has the highest GPM of 3.
- The 7200 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the RY803000E sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Ryobi Axial Cam|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.5 x 17.5 x 37.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803000E is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.