The Ryobi RY803001 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Ryobi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803001
The Ryobi RY803001, a heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum axial cam pump, which utilizes a 160cc (4.4 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (almost 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 6900 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GCV160 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 45 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803001 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803001 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 62 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 160cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel tubing frame. But, as the RY803001 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY803001's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY803001's automatic soap dilution mechanism. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY803001 also comes with spray gun, pressure hose, funnel, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803001 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803001's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803001 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3000 PSI max pressure output, the Ryobi RY803001 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $300-400 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- The 6900 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the RY803001 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803001 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803001 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.