The Ryobi RY803001 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803001
The Ryobi RY803001, a heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (roughly 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 6900 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV160 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline, which provides an approximate runtime of 45 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803001 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803001 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 62 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. Since the RY803001 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Ryobi RY803001 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The Ryobi RY803001 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY803001 comes with funnel, spray gun, wand, oil and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803001 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803001's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803001 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3000 PSI max pressure output, the Ryobi RY803001 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $250-300 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Simpson MS60920-S with 3200 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Powermate 7131, that can deliver up to 2.5 GPM.
- With 6900 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY803001 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Simpson MS60920-S and its 8000 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803001 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Ryobi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803001 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.