The Ryobi RY803001 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Ryobi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803001
In summary, the Ryobi RY803001 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
Powered by a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3000 PSI (around 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY803001 has a cleaning power of 6900 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GCV160 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline, which provides an approximate runtime of 45 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803001 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803001 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 62 lbs. Its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. The RY803001 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
The Ryobi RY803001's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY803001 will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY803001 comes with pressure hose, funnel, spray gun, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803001 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803001's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803001 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY803001, which can reach a PSI of 3000, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Simpson MS61084-S that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3200, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- With 6900 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the RY803001 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the WEN PW3400 and its 9180 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803001 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Honda engine
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Several security features
- Decent PSI for the price
- No onboard storage
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803001 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
I’ve had this one for two years now, Lightweight, starts easy, 5 in 1 is EXCELLENT!
Great performance and value….an excellent choice.
I looked at many unit and landed on this one. No disappointments.
Meets or exceeds my expectations.