The Ryobi RY803001 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803001
In summary, the Ryobi RY803001 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum axial cam pump, which utilizes a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (almost 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 6900 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GCV160 engine.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 45 minutes.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY803001 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803001 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 62 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and its steel tubing frame. Since the RY803001 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY803001 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. The Ryobi RY803001 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY803001 comes with pressure hose, funnel, spray gun, oil and wand.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803001 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803001's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803001 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY803001, which can reach up to 3000 PSI, has one of the highest pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $195 and $255.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.3 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Ryobi RY802925, with a GPM of 2.5.
- Boasting with 6900 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY803001 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Ryobi RY802925 and its 7250 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803001 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Ryobi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803001 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.