The Ryobi RY803001 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Ryobi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803001
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY803001 is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3000 PSI (around 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY803001 has a cleaning power of 6900 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GCV160 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline, which provides an approximate runtime of 45 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803001 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803001 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 62 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel tubing frame. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, the RY803001 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Ryobi RY803001's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The Ryobi RY803001 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY803001 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, pressure hose, spray gun, funnel and wand.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803001 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803001's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803001 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY803001, which can reach a PSI of 3000, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 6900 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RY803001 rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 3200 and its 8960 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803001 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803001 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.