The Ryobi RY803001 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803001
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY803001 is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3000 PSI (roughly 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Ryobi RY803001's cleaning power of 6900 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GCV160 engine.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 45 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803001 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803001 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 62 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. Since the RY803001 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY803001 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The Ryobi RY803001 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY803001 also comes with funnel, pressure hose, oil, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803001 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803001's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803001 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 3000 PSI, the Ryobi RY803001 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $250 and $300. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Powerhorse 89897 with 3200 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Powerhorse 89897, which can reach up to 2.6 GPM.
- With 6900 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY803001 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Powerhorse 89897 and its 8320 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803001 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Ryobi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803001 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.