The Ryobi RY803001 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803001
The Ryobi RY803001, a heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3000 PSI (roughly 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Ryobi RY803001's cleaning power of 6900 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV160 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 45 minutes.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY803001 provides great mobility. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803001 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 62 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel tubing frame. Since the RY803001 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY803001's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The Ryobi RY803001 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY803001 also comes with spray gun, funnel, pressure hose, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803001 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803001's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803001 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 3000 PSI, the Ryobi RY803001 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3400, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 3100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- The RY803001's Cleaning Units, 6900 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Westinghouse WPX3400 and its 8840 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803001 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Ryobi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803001 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.