The Ryobi RY803023 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803023
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY803023 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes the brand new, specially built for pressure washers, Honda GCV170 (opens in a new tab) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (almost 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7130 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s 167 cc engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.25 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803023 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W21 x H39 in. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803023 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 55.2 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 167 cc Honda GCV170 engine and steel tubing frame. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the RY803023 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Ryobi RY803023's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable tank. The Ryobi RY803023 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY803023 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY803023 comes with pressure hose, spray gun, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803023 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803023's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803023 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Ryobi RY803023 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $300-400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with a PSI of 3400.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- With 7130 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY803023 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Westinghouse WPX3400 and its 8840 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803023 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||167 cc Honda GCV170 OHV 4-stroke|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 21 x 39 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803023 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.