The Ryobi RY803023 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (104°F max.)
|167cc Honda GCV170 OHV 4-stroke
|Other model numbers
|Quick connect nozzles
|35 ft, ⌀1/4
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 21 x 39 in
|2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat
|Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle
|Trigger lock and thermal relief valve
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803023
The Ryobi RY803023, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by the brand new Honda GCV170 (opens in a new tab) engine, which is specially built for pressure washers, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3100 PSI (around 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY803023 has a cleaning power of 7130 Cleaning Units.
The 167cc engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803023 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W21 x H39 in. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803023 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 62 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 167cc Honda GCV170 engine and its steel tubing frame. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the RY803023 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Ryobi RY803023's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable tank. The Ryobi RY803023 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The included 35 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY803023's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY803023 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, oil, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803023 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803023's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803023 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 3100 PSI, the Ryobi RY803023 is one of the gas-powered products that can produce the highest water pressure, in the $195 to $255 price range.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Kärcher G2900E, which can reach up to 2.6 GPM.
- Boasting with 7130 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the RY803023 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the PowerStroke PS80544B and its 7750 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803023 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803023 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.