The Ryobi RY803111 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.5 x 17.5 x 37.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803111
The Ryobi RY803111 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
The Ryobi RY803111's aluminum axial cam pump, powered by a 196 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Ryobi RY803111 thus has a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered unit's Ryobi engine is convenient and reliable, thanks to its dual starting mechanism: you may freely choose between the more modern electric start, or the old-school pull-start mechanism. The electric start requires a 18V ONE+ Lithium+ battery, which is included.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 45 minutes.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.5 x W17.5 x H37.5 in, the Ryobi RY803111 provides great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803111 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 72 lbs. Its 196 cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 12" wheels allow the RY803111 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Ryobi RY803111's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The Ryobi RY803111 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY803111's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY803111 also comes with wand, oil, battery charger, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803111 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803111's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803111 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $470.
- Reaching a 3200 PSI max pressure output, the Ryobi RY803111 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $400 to $500 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3425 with a PSI of 3400.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.5, can be considered in the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with a GPM of 3.
- The 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the RY803111 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803111 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Electric start
- Good range of nozzles included
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- Decent PSI for the price
- Decent GPM for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- The Ryobi RY803111 doesn't have any notably low specs.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803111 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
won’t start right out of the box
Electric start after using a few times won’t work, won’t turn over with pull cord start either. Tried buying new batteries, changed
oil and gas, checked spark plug. Home Depot won’t return or exchange it. Waste of money.