The Ryobi RY803111 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803111
The Ryobi RY803111, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Ryobi RY803111's cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered unit's Ryobi engine is convenient and reliable, thanks to its dual starting mechanism: you can either choose the traditional pull-start mechanism, or the practical electric start. A 18V ONE+ Lithium+ battery, which is included in the package, is required for the electric start.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 45 minutes.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.5 x W17.5 x H37.5 in, the Ryobi RY803111 offers great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803111 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 72 lbs. Its 196 cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" wheels, the RY803111 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Ryobi RY803111's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY803111 will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY803111's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY803111 also comes with wand, spray gun, pressure hose, battery charger and oil.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803111 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803111's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803111 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3200 PSI, the Ryobi RY803111 ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $120 and $245.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- The RY803111, which reaches up to 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the most efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803111 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.5 x 17.5 x 37.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803111 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.