The Ryobi RY803111 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803111
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY803111 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum axial cam pump, which utilizes a 196 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (almost 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
The Ryobi engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability, as it offers a dual starting mechanism: you can either choose the practical electric start, or the traditional pull-start mechanism. A 18V ONE+ Lithium+ battery, which is included in the package, is required for the electric start.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 45 minutes.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.5 x W17.5 x H37.5 in, the Ryobi RY803111 provides great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803111 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 72 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 196 cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame. However, the two 12" wheels allow the RY803111 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Ryobi RY803111 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The Ryobi RY803111 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY803111 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY803111 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun, battery charger, oil and wand.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803111 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803111's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803111 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 3200 PSI, the Ryobi RY803111 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $400 and $500. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Champion 100786, which reaches up to 3500 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- With the RY803111's 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370E with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803111 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.5 x 17.5 x 37.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, battery charger, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803111 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.