The Ryobi RY803223 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc KOHLER SH270 OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||RY803223VNM|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803223
In summary, the Ryobi RY803223 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Ryobi RY803223's axial cam pump, powered by a 196cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). The Ryobi RY803223 thus has a cleaning power of 7360 Cleaning Units.
The KOHLER SH270 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.87 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY803223 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY803223 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 66.9 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. A major component of its weight are its 196cc KOHLER SH270 engine and steel tubing frame. Since the RY803223 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY803223's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY803223 will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The included 35 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Ryobi RY803223's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY803223 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, funnel, pressure hose, spray gun and oil.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803223 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803223's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803223 compared to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $380.
- The Ryobi RY803223, with a max water pressure of 3200 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $300-400 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with 3 GPM.
- The 7360 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the RY803223 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370 with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803223 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.