The Ryobi RY803423H is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc Honda GC190 OHV 4-stroke|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 29 x 18 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, surface cleaner, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803423H
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY803423H is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 187 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3400 PSI (around 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY803423H has a cleaning power of 7820 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GC190 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.47 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Ryobi RY803423H grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
With a weight of 70 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the RY803423H does have a set of two 10" wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY803423H's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The Ryobi RY803423H features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY803423H's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY803423H comes with wand, oil, spray gun, funnel, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, surface cleaner and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803423H is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803423H's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803423H compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY803423H, reaching a PSI of up to 3400, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $475-625 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Simpson PS60995, which reaches up to 3600 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370E has the highest GPM of 3.
- The 7820 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the RY803423H result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803423H is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803423H is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.