The Ryobi RY803423H is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803423H
In summary, the Ryobi RY803423H is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Ryobi RY803423H's axial cam pump, powered by a 187 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (approximately 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). The Ryobi RY803423H thus has a cleaning power of 7820 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GC190 engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.47 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Ryobi RY803423H grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 70 lbs. Its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 10" wheels, the RY803423H remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
Along with the Ryobi RY803423H itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The Ryobi RY803423H has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The 50 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY803423H's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Ryobi RY803423H also comes with pressure hose, soap hose, nozzle cleaner, oil, wand, funnel, spray gun and surface cleaner.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803423H is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803423H's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803423H compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY803423H, with a max water pressure of 3400 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $500-550 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the DeWalt DXPW3625, which reaches up to 3600 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The RY803423H has 7820 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803423H is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc Honda GC190 OHV 4-stroke|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 29 x 18 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, surface cleaner, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803423H is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.