The Ryobi RY803423H is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY803423H
In summary, the Ryobi RY803423H is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 187 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (almost 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7820 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GC190 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.47 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Ryobi RY803423H grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
Weighing 70 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the RY803423H has a set of two 10" wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY803423H's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The Ryobi RY803423H includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 50 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY803423H features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY803423H are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as funnel, spray gun, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, soap hose, oil, surface cleaner and wand.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY803423H is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY803423H's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY803423H compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY803423H, with a max water pressure of 3400 PSI, has one of the highest PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $400-500 price range.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The 7820 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the RY803423H sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY803423H is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc Honda GC190 OHV 4-stroke|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 29 x 18 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, surface cleaner, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY803423H is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.