The Ryobi RY80544 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY80544
In summary, the Ryobi RY80544 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Ryobi RY80544's aluminum axial cam pump, powered by a powerful 212 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (approximately 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Ryobi RY80544 thus has a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Ryobi engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.66 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY80544 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W19 x H35 in. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY80544 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 65 lbs. Its 212 cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. The RY80544 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" wheels.
The Ryobi RY80544 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY80544's automatic soap dilution mechanism. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY80544's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY80544 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as funnel, pressure hose, wand, spray gun and oil.
The Ryobi RY80544's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY80544 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY80544, which can reach up to 3100 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $250 and $300. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Powerhorse 89897 with a PSI of 3200.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Powerhorse 89897, which can reach up to 2.6 GPM.
- With a rather impressive value of 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY80544 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Powerhorse 89897 and its 8320 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY80544 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY80544 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.