The Ryobi RY80588A is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY80588A
In summary, the Ryobi RY80588A is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Ryobi RY80588A's aluminum axial pump, powered by a powerful 212 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). The Ryobi RY80588A thus has a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Ryobi engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY80588A offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W19 x H35 in. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY80588A convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 74 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 212 cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 10" wheels, the RY80588A remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Ryobi RY80588A comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Ryobi RY80588A has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY80588A's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY80588A comes with wand, spray gun, funnel, pressure hose, tool kit and oil.
The Ryobi RY80588A's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY80588A compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY80588A, with a max water pressure of 3200 PSI, has one of the highest PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $270-300 price range.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Excell EPW2123100, with 2.8 GPM.
- Boasting with 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY80588A is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Excell EPW2123100 with its 8680 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY80588A is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY80588A is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.