The Ryobi RY80588A is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||212 cc Ryobi 4-stroke OHV|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 19 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY80588A
The Ryobi RY80588A, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Ryobi RY80588A's aluminum axial pump, powered by an impressive 212 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). The Ryobi RY80588A thus has a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Ryobi engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.95 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W19 x H35 in, the Ryobi RY80588A provides great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY80588A convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 74 lbs. Its 212 cc Ryobi engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the RY80588A has a set of two 10" wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Ryobi RY80588A itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The Ryobi RY80588A features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 20:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY80588A allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY80588A are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, funnel, wand, tool kit, pressure hose and oil.
The Ryobi RY80588A's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY80588A compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY80588A, reaching a PSI of up to 3200, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $300-400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- With a rather impressive value of 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the RY80588A has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370 with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY80588A is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY80588A is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.