The Ryobi RY80940B is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY80940B
The Ryobi RY80940B, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Ryobi RY80940B's aluminum axial cam pump, powered by a 187 cc (5.1 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (approximately 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Ryobi RY80940B thus has a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV190 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline, which provides an approximate runtime of 30 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY80940B is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY80940B convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 65 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. A major component of its weight are its 187 cc Honda GCV190 engine and steel tubing frame. However, the two 12" wheels allow the RY80940B to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Ryobi RY80940B's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY80940B's automatic soap dilution mechanism. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY80940B are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, spray gun, oil, funnel and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY80940B is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY80940B's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY80940B compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY80940B, with a max water pressure of 3100 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $300-350 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Stanley SXPW3425 with a PSI of 3400.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Excell EPW2123100, with 2.8 GPM.
- Reaching up to 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY80940B is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Excell EPW2123100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY80940B is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc 5.1 HP Honda GCV190 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Himore Axial Cam|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY80940B is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.