The Ryobi RY80940B is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc 5.1 HP Honda GCV190 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Himore Axial Cam|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY80940B
In summary, the Ryobi RY80940B is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its aluminum axial cam pump, which utilizes a 187 cc (5.1 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (almost 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GCV190 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline, which provides an approximate runtime of 30 minutes.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY80940B provides great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY80940B convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 65 lbs. Its 187 cc Honda GCV190 engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" wheels, the RY80940B remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Ryobi RY80940B's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY80940B's automatic soap dilution mechanism. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY80940B are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as funnel, oil, spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY80940B is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY80940B's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY80940B compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $380.
- With its 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Ryobi RY80940B is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $300-400 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Simpson CM61083, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Predator 3200, with a GPM of 2.8.
- The RY80940B, which reaches up to 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Predator 3200 and its 8960 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY80940B is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY80940B is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.