The Ryobi RY80940B is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY80940B
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY80940B is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 187 cc (5.1 hp) engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Ryobi RY80940B's cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GCV190 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon, which provides an approximate runtime of 30 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY80940B is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY80940B convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 65 lbs. Its 187 cc Honda GCV190 engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. The RY80940B can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" wheels.
Along with the Ryobi RY80940B itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Ryobi RY80940B has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY80940B are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, pressure hose, wand, funnel and oil.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY80940B is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY80940B's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY80940B compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $380.
- With its 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Ryobi RY80940B is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $300-400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with a PSI of 3400.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, with 2.8 GPM.
- Reaching up to 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY80940B is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Predator 3200, which can reach up to 8960 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY80940B is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc 5.1 HP Honda GCV190 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Himore Axial Cam|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY80940B is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.