The Ryobi RY80940B is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY80940B
The Ryobi RY80940B is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 187 cc (5.1 hp) engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Ryobi RY80940B's cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV190 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.25 gallon of gasoline, which provides an approximate runtime of 30 minutes.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Ryobi RY80940B offers great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY80940B convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 65 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. A major component of its weight are its 187 cc Honda GCV190 engine and steel tubing frame. The RY80940B can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" wheels.
Along with the Ryobi RY80940B itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The Ryobi RY80940B has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Ryobi RY80940B comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, wand, spray gun, funnel and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY80940B is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY80940B's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY80940B compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3100 PSI, the Ryobi RY80940B ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $300 and $350. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Simpson CM61083 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Excell EPW2123100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- The RY80940B, with its 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Excell EPW2123100 with its 8680 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY80940B is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc 5.1 HP Honda GCV190 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Himore Axial Cam|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY80940B is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.