The Ryobi RY80940B is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY80940B
The Ryobi RY80940B, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 187 cc (5.1 hp) engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3100 PSI (roughly 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Ryobi RY80940B's cleaning power of 7750 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV190 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline, which provides an approximate runtime of 30 minutes.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY80940B offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the RY80940B convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 65 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 187 cc Honda GCV190 engine and its steel tubing frame. Since the RY80940B has a set of two 12" wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Ryobi RY80940B comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The Ryobi RY80940B has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Ryobi RY80940B comes with spray gun, funnel, pressure hose, oil and wand.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY80940B is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY80940B's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY80940B compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY80940B, with a max water pressure of 3100 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $270-300 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3200 with 3200 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Excell EPW2123100, with a GPM of 2.8.
- Reaching up to 7750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RY80940B is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Excell EPW2123100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY80940B is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc 5.1 HP Honda GCV190 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||Himore Axial Cam|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY80940B is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.