The Ryobi RY80942 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Ryobi RY80942
The Ryobi RY80942, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 187 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3300 PSI (roughly 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 7590 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GCV190 engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY80942 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24 x W17.5 x H39 in. The strong metal frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 68 lbs. Its 187 cc Honda GCV190 engine and metal frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 12" wheels allow the RY80942 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Ryobi RY80942 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Ryobi RY80942 will dilute the detergent with a 20:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: With the Ryobi RY80942's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY80942 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, wand, oil and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY80942 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY80942's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY80942 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Ryobi RY80942, reaching a PSI of up to 3300, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $400-500 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Briggs & Stratton 20647 that can reach up to 3600 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- In comparison to other gas-powered units of similar price, the 7590 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RY80942 are average. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY80942 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc Honda GCV190 OHV 4-stroke|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24 x 17.5 x 39 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY80942 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.