The Ryobi RY80942 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187 cc Honda GCV190 OHV 4-stroke|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24 x 17.5 x 39 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Ryobi RY80942
In a nutshell, the Ryobi RY80942 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 187 cc engine, its aluminum axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3300 PSI (around 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Combined, these values mean that the Ryobi RY80942 has a cleaning power of 7590 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV190 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Ryobi RY80942 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24 x W17.5 x H39 in. The strong metal frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 68 lbs. Its 187 cc Honda GCV190 engine and metal frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 12" wheels allow the RY80942 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Ryobi RY80942 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent is diluted with a 20:1 ratio by the Ryobi RY80942's automatic soap dilution mechanism. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
Ryobi's 5-in-1 nozzle offers five spray pattern settings (0°, 25°, 40°, short-range soap, long-range soap). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply rotating the spray selector to the desired setting.
- Onboard storage: The Ryobi RY80942's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Ryobi RY80942 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, spray gun, pressure hose and oil.
- Emissions: The Ryobi RY80942 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Ryobi RY80942's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Ryobi RY80942 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 3300 PSI, the Ryobi RY80942 is one of the gas-powered products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $300 to $400 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3200, with 2.8 GPM.
- As the RY80942 has a total of 7590 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Predator 3200 with its 8960 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Ryobi RY80942 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Ryobi Seisakusho Co. (now simply Ryobi) is a Japanese company founded in 1943, with power tool manufacturing beginning in 1968. In January 2018, the power tools division was sold to the Kyocera Corporation, though still retaining the Ryobi brand name. It continues to be a popular brand of cordless battery-powered, corded electric, and gas-powered outdoor equipment. One of its 12 international manufacturing facilities is in Shelbyville, Indiana USA. In the US and Canada, Ryobi tools and outdoor power equipment are distributed primarily through Home Depot stores.
The Ryobi RY80942 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi pressure washers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.