The Simpson Aluminum ALH3225-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson ALH3225-S
The Simpson ALH3225-S, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 196 cc (6.5 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (almost 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s KOHLER SH265 engine.
The fuel is stored in a steel tank, which can hold up to 0.95 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson ALH3225-S grants mobility and stability to the unit. The aluminum frame allows the device to remain highly durable, as it will not rust. The handle adds to the ALH3225-S convenience of transport.
Weighing 74 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. As its 196 cc KOHLER SH265 engine and triplex pump account for a good portion of that weight, Simpson's choice of an aluminum frame allows the device to stay at a reasonable weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, the ALH3225-S remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Simpson ALH3225-S comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The Simpson ALH3225-S has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 35 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson ALH3225-S features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Simpson ALH3225-S are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, pressure hose, wand, oil and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson ALH3225-S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson ALH3225-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson ALH3225-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson ALH3225-S, a device which can produce up to 3200 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $800-900 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Pressure-Pro PP4440K, which reaches up to 4400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K, with 4 GPM.
- The ALH3225-S has 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Pressure-Pro PP4440K with its 17600 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson ALH3225-S is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc 6.5 HP KOHLER SH265 OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||60774, 60686|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson ALH3225-S is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.