The Simpson Aluminum ALH3225-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Simpson ALH3228-S. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc 6.5 HP KOHLER SH265 OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||60774, 60686|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson ALH3225-S
In summary, the Simpson ALH3225-S is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 196 cc (6.5 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s KOHLER SH265 engine.
The fuel is stored in a steel tank, which can hold up to 0.95 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson ALH3225-S grants mobility and stability to the unit. The aluminum frame grants the device a good durability, as it will not rust. The handle adds to the ALH3225-S convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 74 lbs. As its 196 cc KOHLER SH265 engine and triplex pump account for a good portion of that weight, Simpson's choice of an aluminum frame allows the device to stay at a reasonable weight. Since the ALH3225-S has a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Simpson ALH3225-S itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The Simpson ALH3225-S includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 35 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Simpson ALH3225-S's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Simpson ALH3225-S comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, spray gun, pressure hose, soap hose and oil.
- Emissions: The Simpson ALH3225-S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson ALH3225-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson ALH3225-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $490.
- With 3200 PSI, the Simpson ALH3225-S ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $400 and $500. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Ryobi RY803423H with 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.5, can be considered in the average. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 3100 has the highest GPM of 2.8.
- Boasting with 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the ALH3225-S is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 3100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson ALH3225-S is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.