The Simpson ALH4440-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4400 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420cc CRX 420 OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||61252|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 38 x 23.5 x 29 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson ALH4440-S
In summary, the Simpson ALH4440-S is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
Powered by a powerful 420cc engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 4400 PSI (around 73 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson ALH4440-S has a cleaning power of 17600 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s CRX 420 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L38 x W23.5 x H29 in, the Simpson ALH4440-S provides great mobility. The aluminum frame allows the device to remain highly durable, as it will not rust. The adds to the ALH4440-S convenience of transport.
This model weighs 133 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its 420cc CRX 420 engine, the triplex pump and aluminum frame. However, the device’s two 13" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuverability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The Simpson ALH4440-S comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Simpson ALH4440-S's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: The Simpson ALH4440-S comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, spray gun, oil, wand and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson ALH4440-S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson ALH4440-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson ALH4440-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 4400 PSI, the Simpson ALH4440-S is one of the gas-powered products that can produce the highest water pressure, in the $1000 to $1300 price range.
- With a water flow of up to 4 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- The ALH4440-S, with its 17600 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 17500 and 18000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson ALH4440-S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Triplex pump
- Aluminum frame
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- 10 year (limited) warranty
- High PSI for the price
- High GPM for the price
- High CU for the price
- No soap tank
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson ALH4440-S is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.