The Simpson Clean Machine CM60912 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2400 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM60912
In a nutshell, the Simpson CM60912 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 149 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 2400 PSI (almost 40 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 4800 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.24 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16 x W12 x H32 in, the Simpson CM60912 provides great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Standing at only 43 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Simpson CM60912 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The Simpson CM60912 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson CM60912's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Simpson CM60912 comes with wand, oil, spray gun and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM60912 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM60912's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM60912 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM60912, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2400, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $165 to $285 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3200, which reaches up to 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3200, with 2.5 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 4800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the CM60912 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Westinghouse WPX3200 and its 8000 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 4300 and 5200 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM60912 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||149 cc Simpson 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||60972|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16 x 12 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM60912 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.