The Simpson Clean Machine CM60912 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2400 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM60912
The Simpson CM60912, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 149 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2400 PSI (around 40 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson CM60912 has a cleaning power of 4800 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.24 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16 x W12 x H32 in, the Simpson CM60912 provides great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 43 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 6" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Simpson CM60912 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The Simpson CM60912 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 7:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM60912's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Simpson CM60912 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, pressure hose, spray gun and oil.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM60912 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM60912's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM60912 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM60912, a device which can produce up to 2400 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $185-265 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Ryobi RY803111 with 3200 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Powerhorse 750143, with a GPM of 2.5.
- The CM60912 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 4800 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Ryobi RY803111 and its 8000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 4300 and 5200 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM60912 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||149 cc Simpson 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||60972|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16 x 12 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM60912 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.