The Simpson Clean Machine CM60912 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2400 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||149cc Simpson 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||60972|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16 x 12 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson CM60912
In a nutshell, the Simpson CM60912 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
The Simpson CM60912's axial cam pump, powered by a 149 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2400 PSI (approximately 40 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Simpson CM60912 thus has a cleaning power of 4800 Cleaning Units.
The Simpson engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.24 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16 x W12 x H32 in, the Simpson CM60912 offers great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 43 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 6" never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Simpson CM60912 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 7:1 ratio by the Simpson CM60912's automatic soap dilution mechanism. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson CM60912's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Simpson CM60912 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, pressure hose, oil and wand.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM60912 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM60912's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM60912 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM60912, a device which can produce up to 2400 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $240-300 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Westinghouse WPX3400 has the highest GPM of 2.6.
- The CM60912's Cleaning Units, 4800 CU (PSI X GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Westinghouse WPX3400 and its 8840 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 4200 and 5300 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM60912 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- Could include more nozzles
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM60912 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.