The Simpson Clean Machine CM60912 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2400 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM60912
The Simpson CM60912, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 149 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2400 PSI (around 40 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson CM60912 has a cleaning power of 4800 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.24 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Simpson CM60912 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16 x W12 x H32 in. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 43 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Simpson CM60912 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The Simpson CM60912 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 7:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson CM60912's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson CM60912 also comes with wand, pressure hose, oil and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM60912 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM60912's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM60912 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM60912, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2400, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $195 to $255 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Ryobi RY803001 with a PSI of 3000.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Ryobi RY802925 has the highest GPM of 2.5.
- The CM60912 has 4800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Ryobi RY802925, which can reach up to 7250 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 4300 and 5200 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM60912 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||149 cc Simpson 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||60972|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16 x 12 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM60912 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.