The Simpson Clean Machine CM60912 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2400 PSI and flow of 2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM60912
In a nutshell, the Simpson CM60912 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 149 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 2400 PSI (almost 40 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 4800 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.24 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16 x W12 x H32 in, the Simpson CM60912 provides great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 43 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. A set of two 6" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Simpson CM60912 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The Simpson CM60912 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Simpson CM60912's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Simpson CM60912 comes with wand, pressure hose, spray gun and oil.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM60912 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM60912's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM60912 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM60912, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2400, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $200 to $250 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Ryobi RY80544 that can reach up to 3100 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Ryobi RY80544, which can reach up to 2.5 GPM.
- With 4800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the CM60912 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Ryobi RY80544, which can reach up to 7750 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 4300 and 5200 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM60912 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||149 cc Simpson 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||60972|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16 x 12 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM60912 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.