The Simpson Clean Machine CM60976 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM60976
In summary, the Simpson CM60976 is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2300 PSI (around 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson CM60976 has a cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
The CM60976 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF button. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.5 x W17.5 x H33.5 in, the Simpson CM60976 provides great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CM60976 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 55 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its motor and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the CM60976 has a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Simpson CM60976 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. However, since the Simpson CM60976 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM60976 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Simpson CM60976 comes with spray gun, power cord, pressure hose and wand.
The Simpson CM60976's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM60976 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2300 PSI max pressure output, the Simpson CM60976 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $195-255 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4600 that can reach up to 3000 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK, with a GPM of 1.75.
- With 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the CM60976 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM60976 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||60916|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 17.5 x 33.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM60976 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-800-381-0999.