The Simpson Clean Machine CM60976 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM60976
The Simpson CM60976 is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2300 PSI (roughly 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Simpson CM60976's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF button. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.5 x W17.5 x H33.5 in, the Simpson CM60976 provides great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CM60976 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 55 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its motor and its steel frame. However, the two 10" never-flat wheels allow the CM60976 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Simpson CM60976 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The Simpson CM60976 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson CM60976's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Simpson CM60976 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get power cord, pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
The Simpson CM60976's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM60976 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM60976, reaching a PSI of up to 2300, is one of the more powerful electric units in $195-255 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK that can reach up to 2600 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4001, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the CM60976 are average. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM60976 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||61016|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 17.5 x 33.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM60976 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-800-381-0999.