The Simpson Clean Machine CM60976 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (90°F max.)
|13 amp, induction
|Other model numbers
|15°, Soap, Turbo
|Quick connect nozzles
|25 ft, ⌀1/4
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 17.5 x 33.5 in
|2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat
|Steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson CM60976
The Simpson CM60976 is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2300 PSI (around 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson CM60976 has a cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the CM60976 is started simply by an ON/OFF button. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.5 x W17.5 x H33.5 in, the Simpson CM60976 provides great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CM60976 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 55 lbs. Its motor and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. The CM60976 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels.
The Simpson CM60976 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. It must be noted that the Simpson CM60976 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Use with caution
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Use with caution
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM60976 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Simpson CM60976 comes with pressure hose, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The Simpson CM60976's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM60976 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2300 PSI max pressure output, the Simpson CM60976 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $240 to $300 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3000e, which reaches up to 3000 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2700 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- With a rather impressive value of 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the CM60976 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Ryobi RY143011 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM60976 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM60976 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-800-381-0999.