The Simpson Clean Machine CM60976 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM60976
In a nutshell, the Simpson CM60976 is a medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2300 PSI (roughly 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Simpson CM60976's cleaning power of 2760 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the CM60976 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF button. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.5 x W17.5 x H33.5 in, the Simpson CM60976 offers great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CM60976 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 55 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its motor and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the CM60976 has a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Simpson CM60976 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. However, since the Simpson CM60976 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Simpson CM60976's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Simpson CM60976 comes with power cord, spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
The Simpson CM60976's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM60976 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 2300 PSI, the Simpson CM60976 is one of the electric products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $150 to $200 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK with 2600 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flows value compared to devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the WEN PW21, with 1.76 GPM.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2760 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the CM60976 are average. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM60976 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Other model numbers||60916|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 17.5 x 33.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM60976 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-800-381-0999.