The Simpson Clean Machine CM61081 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM61081
In summary, the Simpson CM61081 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 159 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2800 PSI (around 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson CM61081 has a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
The Simpson engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16.5 x W13 x H33.3 in, the Simpson CM61081 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the CM61081 convenience of transport.
Weighing 56 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. A major component of its weight are its 159 cc Simpson engine and steel tubing frame. But, as the CM61081 does have a set of two 8" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Simpson CM61081 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM61081 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Simpson CM61081 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, soap hose, pressure hose, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61081 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61081's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61081 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM61081, which can reach a PSI of 2800, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $255 and $300. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Simpson CM61083 with a PSI of 3400.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Excell EPW2123100, with 2.8 GPM.
- As the CM61081 has a total of 6440 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Excell EPW2123100, which can reach up to 8680 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61081 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||159 cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.5 x 13 x 33.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61081 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.