The Simpson Clean Machine CM61081 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||159 cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.5 x 13 x 33.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson CM61081
In a nutshell, the Simpson CM61081 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 159 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2800 PSI (around 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson CM61081 has a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
The Simpson engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16.5 x W13 x H33.3 in, the Simpson CM61081 offers great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the CM61081 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 56 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 159 cc Simpson engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 8" never-flat wheels, the CM61081 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Simpson CM61081 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM61081 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson CM61081 also comes with wand, pressure hose, spray gun, soap hose and oil.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61081 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61081's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61081 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2800 PSI, the Simpson CM61081 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $240 and $300. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3200 that can reach up to 3200 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Excell EPW2123100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- The 6440 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the CM61081 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Excell EPW2123100 with its 8680 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61081 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61081 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.