The Simpson Clean Machine CM61081 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM61081
The Simpson CM61081 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 159 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (roughly 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16.5 x W13 x H33.3 in, the Simpson CM61081 offers great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the CM61081 convenience of transport.
Weighing 56 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 159 cc Simpson engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the CM61081 does have a set of two 8" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Simpson CM61081 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM61081 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson CM61081 also comes with oil, soap hose, pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61081 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61081's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61081 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM61081, which can reach up to 2800 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $200 and $250. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Ryobi RY802900 with 2900 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- Boasting with 6440 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the CM61081 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Ryobi RY802900 and its 6670 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61081 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||159 cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.5 x 13 x 33.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61081 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.