The Simpson Clean Machine CM61081 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM61081
The Simpson CM61081 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 159 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (roughly 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.3 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Simpson CM61081 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16.5 x W13 x H33.3 in. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the CM61081 convenience of transport.
Weighing 56 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 159 cc Simpson engine and its steel tubing frame. The CM61081 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 8" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Simpson CM61081 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM61081 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Simpson CM61081 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, wand, spray gun, oil and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61081 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61081's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61081 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM61081 and its 2800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $270 and $300. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3200, which reaches up to 3200 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Excell EPW2123100, with 2.8 GPM.
- The CM61081 has 6440 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Excell EPW2123100, which can reach up to 8680 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61081 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||159 cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.5 x 13 x 33.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61081 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.