The Simpson Clean Machine CM61081 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM61081
The Simpson CM61081 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 159 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2800 PSI (around 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson CM61081 has a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
The Simpson engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Simpson CM61081 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16.5 x W13 x H33.3 in. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the CM61081 convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 56 lbs. Its 159 cc Simpson engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the CM61081 does have a set of two 8" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Simpson CM61081 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson CM61081's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Simpson CM61081 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, spray gun, wand, oil and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61081 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61081's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61081 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM61081 and its 2800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $250 and $300. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Powerhorse 89897 with a PSI of 3200.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Powerhorse 89897, that can deliver up to 2.6 GPM.
- The CM61081's Cleaning Units, 6440 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Powerhorse 89897 and its 8320 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61081 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||159 cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.5 x 13 x 33.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61081 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.