The Simpson Clean Machine CM61082 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM61082
In a nutshell, the Simpson CM61082 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 196 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3200 PSI (around 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson CM61082 has a cleaning power of 7680 Cleaning Units.
The Simpson engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16.5 x W13 x H33.3 in, the Simpson CM61082 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the CM61082 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 56 lbs. Its 196 cc Simpson engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. The CM61082 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
The Simpson CM61082 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM61082 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Simpson CM61082 comes with wand, pressure hose, spray gun and oil.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61082 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61082's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61082 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM61082, reaching a PSI of up to 3200, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $300-400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Stanley SXPW3425 with 3400 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.4 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 3100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- The CM61082, which reaches up to 7680 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Westinghouse WPX3400 and its 8840 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61082 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.5 x 13 x 33.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61082 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.