The Simpson Clean Machine CM61082 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 16.5 x 13 x 33.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson CM61082
The Simpson CM61082 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 196 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (almost 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7680 Cleaning Units.
The Simpson engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D16.5 x W13 x H33.3 in, the Simpson CM61082 offers great mobility. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the CM61082 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 56 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Simpson engine and its steel frame. The CM61082 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
The Simpson CM61082's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Simpson CM61082's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Simpson CM61082 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as oil, wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61082 is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61082's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61082 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM61082, which can reach up to 3200 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with a PSI of 3400.
- This washer reaches 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- In comparison to other gas-powered units of similar price, the 7680 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the CM61082 are average. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61082 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61082 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.