The Simpson Clean Machine CM61083 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.5 x 22 x 29.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson CM61083
In summary, the Simpson CM61083 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson CM61083's axial cam pump, powered by an impressive 212 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (approximately 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Simpson CM61083 thus has a cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.7 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Simpson CM61083 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D13.5 x W22 x H29.3 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the CM61083 convenience of transport.
Weighing 63 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 212 cc Simpson engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 10" pneumatic wheels allow the CM61083 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Simpson CM61083 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson CM61083's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Simpson CM61083 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as oil, soap hose, spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61083 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61083's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61083 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM61083, reaching a PSI of up to 3400, is one of the most powerful gas-powered units in $300-400 price range.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.5 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- The CM61083, which reaches up to 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61083 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61083 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.