The Simpson Clean Machine CM61083 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||210cc CRX 210 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.5 x 22 x 29.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson CM61083
The Simpson CM61083 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
Using a powerful 210cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (roughly 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
The CRX 210 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.7 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Simpson CM61083 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D13.5 x W22 x H29.3 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the CM61083 convenience of transport.
Weighing 63 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 210cc CRX 210 engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. But, as the CM61083 does have a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Simpson CM61083's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM61083 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Simpson CM61083 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, oil, spray gun, pressure hose and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61083 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61083's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61083 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM61083, with a max water pressure of 3400 PSI, has one of the highest PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $300-400 price range.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 3200, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- Reaching up to 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the CM61083 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the WEN PW3400, which can reach up to 9180 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61083 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- High PSI for the price
- High CU for the price
- Decent GPM for the price
- No soap tank
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61083 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.
real bad service. came missing parts and still haven’t got it running since may