The Simpson Clean Machine CM61083 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM61083
In a nutshell, the Simpson CM61083 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 212 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3400 PSI (around 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson CM61083 has a cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
The Simpson engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.7 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D13.5 x W22 x H29.3 in, the Simpson CM61083 offers great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the CM61083 convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 63 lbs. Its 212 cc Simpson engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. The CM61083 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels.
The Simpson CM61083's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM61083 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Simpson CM61083 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as soap hose, spray gun, wand, oil and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61083 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61083's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61083 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM61083, with a max water pressure of 3400 PSI, has one of the highest PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $250-300 price range.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Powerhorse 89897, with a GPM of 2.6.
- The CM61083, with its 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61083 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212 cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.5 x 22 x 29.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61083 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.