The Simpson Clean Machine CM61083 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson CM61083
In a nutshell, the Simpson CM61083 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 212 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (roughly 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
The Simpson engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.7 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D13.5 x W22 x H29.3 in, the Simpson CM61083 provides great mobility. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the CM61083 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 63 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 212 cc Simpson engine and steel frame. But, as the CM61083 does have a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Simpson CM61083 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM61083 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson CM61083 also comes with soap hose, pressure hose, oil, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson CM61083 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson CM61083's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61083 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3400 PSI, the Simpson CM61083 ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $300 and $400.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.5, can be considered in the average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- With a rather impressive value of 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the CM61083 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370 with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61083 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||212 cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.5 x 22 x 29.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61083 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.