The Simpson CM61236 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||15 amp, induction|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||61236|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson CM61236
The Simpson CM61236 is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson CM61236's axial cam pump, powered by a 15 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2700 PSI (approximately 45 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). PSI is the maximum value and can usually be reached only at initial discharge. Under typical load, the unit's rated pressure is 2100 PSI. The Simpson CM61236 thus has a cleaning power of 2520 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Simpson CM61236's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Simpson CM61236 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the CM61236 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 41.8 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 9" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Simpson CM61236 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson CM61236 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Simpson CM61236 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, soap hose, pressure hose, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The Simpson CM61236's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson CM61236 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson CM61236, which can reach up to 2700 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $300 and $400. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Greenworks GPW3000 with 3000 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, with 2.3 GPM.
- The 2520 Cleaning Units, of the CM61236 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Greenworks GPW3000, which can reach up to 3300 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson CM61236 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson CM61236 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-800-381-0999.