The Simpson MegaShot MS60805-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||160cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||60808|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.8 x 18 x 35.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, surface cleaner, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson MS60805-S
In summary, the Simpson MS60805-S is a heavy duty pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
Powered by a 160cc (4.4 hp) engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3000 PSI (around 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson MS60805-S has a cleaning power of 7200 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GCV160 engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.8 x W18 x H35.8 in, the Simpson MS60805-S provides great mobility. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the MS60805-S convenience of transport.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 56 lbs. Its 160cc Honda GCV160 engine and welded steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the MS60805-S to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Simpson MS60805-S's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent is diluted with a 7:1 ratio by the Simpson MS60805-S's automatic soap dilution mechanism. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson MS60805-S's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Simpson MS60805-S are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, pressure hose, spray gun, surface cleaner and oil.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS60805-S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS60805-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS60805-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson MS60805-S with its 3000 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $400-500 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3425 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The MS60805-S has 7200 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS60805-S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Honda engine
- Good range of nozzles included
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS60805-S is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.