The Simpson MegaShot MS60809-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||166cc 4.8 HP Honda GCV170 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.8 x 18.3 x 36.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles, Dial-N-Wash® pressure regulator|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson MS60809-S
The Simpson MS60809-S is a heavy duty pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by the brand new Honda GCV170 (opens in a new tab) engine, which is specially built for pressure washers, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3000 PSI (around 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson MS60809-S has a cleaning power of 7200 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s 166cc (4.8 hp) engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.8 x W18.3 x H36.5 in, the Simpson MS60809-S offers great mobility. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the MS60809-S convenience of transport.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 61 lbs. Its 166cc Honda GCV170 engine and welded steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the MS60809-S does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Simpson MS60809-S itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Simpson MS60809-S will dilute the detergent with a 7:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Dial-N-Wash®: Simpson’s Dial-N-Wash® is an adjustable pressure regulator that allows you to choose a desired pressure for your specific cleaning application. High, medium and low pressure settings can be switched between easily by a simple twist. Its design assures its compatibility with most pressure washer standard spray wands and standard guns with threaded fittings.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson MS60809-S allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson MS60809-S also comes with wand, pressure hose, oil, soap hose, spray gun and pressure regulator.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS60809-S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS60809-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS60809-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3000 PSI max pressure output, the Simpson MS60809-S is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $300-400 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.4, can be considered in the average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The 7200 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the MS60809-S result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS60809-S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS60809-S is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.