The Simpson MegaShot MS60809-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson MS60809-S
The Simpson MS60809-S is a heavy duty pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson MS60809-S's axial cam pump, powered by a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (approximately 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Simpson MS60809-S thus has a cleaning power of 7200 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV160 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.25 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26 x W18 x H35 in, the Simpson MS60809-S provides great mobility. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the MS60809-S convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 56 lbs. Its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the MS60809-S does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Simpson MS60809-S's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Simpson MS60809-S will dilute the detergent with a 7:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Dial-N-Wash®: Simpson’s Dial-N-Wash® is an adjustable pressure regulator that allows you to choose a desired pressure for your specific cleaning application. High, medium and low pressure settings can be switched between easily by a simple twist. Its design assures its compatibility with most pressure washer standard spray wands and standard guns with threaded fittings.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson MS60809-S's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Simpson’s Dial-N-Wash® is an adjustable pressure regulator that allows you to select the correct pressure for the desired cleaning application. You can easily change between a higher pressure, medium pressure or lower pressure setting, with a simple twist. It is designed to fit most pressure washer standard spray wands and standard guns with threaded fittings.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson MS60809-S also comes with oil, pressure hose, soap hose, wand, pressure regulator and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS60809-S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS60809-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS60809-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson MS60809-S, with a maximum pressure output of 3000 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $300 to $400 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Stanley SXPW3425 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.4, can be considered in the average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- In comparison to other gas-powered units of similar price, the 7200 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the MS60809-S are average. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Briggs & Stratton 20505 and its 9520 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS60809-S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||160 cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26 x 18 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles, Dial-N-Wash® pressure regulator|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS60809-S is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.