The Simpson MegaShot MS60809-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||160 cc 4.4 HP Honda GCV160 4-stroke OHC|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26 x 18 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles, Dial-N-Wash® pressure regulator|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson MS60809-S
In summary, the Simpson MS60809-S is a heavy duty pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson MS60809-S's axial cam pump, powered by a 160 cc (4.4 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (approximately 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Simpson MS60809-S thus has a cleaning power of 7200 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV160 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.25 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26 x W18 x H35 in, the Simpson MS60809-S offers great mobility. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the MS60809-S convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 56 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel frame. The MS60809-S can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
Along with the Simpson MS60809-S itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The Simpson MS60809-S features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 7:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Dial-N-Wash®: Simpson’s Dial-N-Wash® is an adjustable pressure regulator that allows you to choose a desired pressure for your specific cleaning application. High, medium and low pressure settings can be switched between easily by a simple twist. Its design assures its compatibility with most pressure washer standard spray wands and standard guns with threaded fittings.
- Onboard storage: With the Simpson MS60809-S's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Simpson MS60809-S comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, pressure regulator, pressure hose, oil, spray gun and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS60809-S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS60809-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS60809-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson MS60809-S, with a maximum pressure output of 3000 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $300 to $400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with a PSI of 3400.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- With the MS60809-S's 7200 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS60809-S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS60809-S is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.