The Simpson MegaShot MS60850-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
If you were looking to purchase it, you may want to have a look at the Simpson MS60809-S, which has similar specs.
You can also try to find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc 6 HP Simpson 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||60945, 60947|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 19.5 x 23.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson MS60850-S
The Simpson MS60850-S is a heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson MS60850-S's axial cam pump, powered by an impressive 208 cc (6 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (approximately 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Simpson MS60850-S thus has a cleaning power of 7200 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson MS60850-S grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the MS60850-S convenience of transport.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 69 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 208 cc Simpson engine and welded steel frame. Since the MS60850-S has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Simpson MS60850-S's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The Simpson MS60850-S includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson MS60850-S's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Simpson MS60850-S comes with soap hose, oil, wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS60850-S is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS60850-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS60850-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $330.
- The Simpson MS60850-S, which can reach a PSI of 3000, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.4, can be considered in the average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The 7200 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the MS60850-S result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS60850-S is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.