The Simpson MegaShot MS60850-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson MS60850-S
The Simpson MS60850-S, a heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes an impressive 208 cc (6 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (almost 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7200 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson MS60850-S grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the MS60850-S convenience of transport.
Weighing 69 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. A major component of its weight are its 208 cc Simpson engine and welded steel frame. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, the MS60850-S remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
Along with the Simpson MS60850-S itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 5-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Simpson MS60850-S will dilute the detergent with a 7:1 ratio. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "soap" is selected on the 5-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzle: a 5-in-1 nozzle is included.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson MS60850-S's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Simpson MS60850-S comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, soap hose, oil, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS60850-S is CARB-compliant. Therefore, its sale and purchase are permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS60850-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS60850-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $330.
- With a maximum pressure output of 3000 PSI, the Simpson MS60850-S finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with a PSI of 3400.
- This washer reaches 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, with 2.8 GPM.
- As the MS60850-S has a total of 7200 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Predator 3200, which can reach up to 8960 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS60850-S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc 6 HP Simpson 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||60857, 60858|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.5 x 19.5 x 23.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5-in-1 nozzle|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS60850-S is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.