The Simpson MegaShot MS60920-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson MS60920-S
In summary, the Simpson MS60920-S is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson MS60920-S's axial cam pump, powered by a 187 cc (6 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Simpson MS60920-S thus has a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GC190 engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.48 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Simpson MS60920-S offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.2 x W21 x H34.8 in. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 65 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and its welded steel frame. Since the MS60920-S has a set of two never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Simpson MS60920-S's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The Simpson MS60920-S has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Simpson MS60920-S's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Simpson MS60920-S comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, oil, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS60920-S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS60920-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS60920-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 3200 PSI, the Simpson MS60920-S is one of the gas-powered products that can produce the highest water pressure, in the $255 to $300 price range.
- With a water flow of up to 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- The MS60920-S, with its 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS60920-S is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||187 cc 6 HP Honda GC190 4-stroke OHC|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.2 x 21 x 34.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS60920-S is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.