The Simpson MegaShot MS60920-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson MS60920-S
In a nutshell, the Simpson MS60920-S is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson MS60920-S's axial cam pump, powered by a 187 cc (6 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Simpson MS60920-S thus has a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GC190 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.48 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Simpson MS60920-S is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.2 x W21 x H34.8 in. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 65 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. A major component of its weight are its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and welded steel frame. Since the MS60920-S has a set of two never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Simpson MS60920-S's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The Simpson MS60920-S includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 50 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson MS60920-S allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson MS60920-S also comes with oil, pressure hose, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS60920-S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS60920-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS60920-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3200 PSI, the Simpson MS60920-S ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $300 and $400. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Stanley SXPW3425, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with a GPM of 3.
- Reaching up to 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the MS60920-S is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370 with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS60920-S is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||187 cc 6 HP Honda GC190 4-stroke OHC|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.2 x 21 x 34.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS60920-S is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.