The Simpson MegaShot MS61049 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||187cc Honda GC190 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||61062|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 24 x 21 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson MS61049
The Simpson MS61049 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 187 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3300 PSI (around 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson MS61049 has a cleaning power of 7920 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GC190 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.48 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L24 x W21 x H34 in, the Simpson MS61049 offers great mobility. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the MS61049 convenience of transport.
Weighing 71 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and its welded steel frame. But, as the MS61049 does have a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Simpson MS61049 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson MS61049 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Simpson MS61049 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as oil, soap hose, pressure hose, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS61049 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Simpson MS61049's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS61049 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $350.
- The Simpson MS61049, reaching a PSI of up to 3300, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $300-400 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Simpson CM61083 with a PSI of 3400.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 3100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- Boasting with 7920 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the MS61049 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 3100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS61049 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS61049 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.