The Simpson MegaShot MS61049 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||187cc Honda GC190 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||61062|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 24 x 21 x 34 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson MS61049
The Simpson MS61049 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Powered by a 187 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3300 PSI (around 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson MS61049 has a cleaning power of 7920 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GC190 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.48 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L24 x W21 x H34 in, the Simpson MS61049 offers great mobility. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the MS61049 convenience of transport.
Weighing 71 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and its welded steel frame. But, as the MS61049 does have a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Simpson MS61049 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson MS61049 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Simpson MS61049 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as oil, soap hose, pressure hose, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS61049 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Simpson MS61049's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS61049 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $350.
- The Simpson MS61049, with a max water pressure of 3300 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $300-400 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3400, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.4 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3200, with 2.8 GPM.
- The 7920 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the MS61049 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the WEN PW3400, which can reach up to 9180 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS61049 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Honda engine
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- High PSI for the price
- Decent GPM for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- No soap tank
- Not CARB-compliant
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS61049 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.
Took new Simpson pressure washer out of box and assembled. Added the oil packed in the box. Ready to clean my driveway. After about 3 hours of use I noticed both oil as well as a milky white substance on the driveway. Not sure where it was coming from. Also, the engine was difficult to restart once it was turned off to add gas. Had to pull the cord at least 30 times to restart. Tires left black marks on my driveway. Taking the washer back to the store for a refund.
I have this product and love it. However I didn’t think about a soap dispenser! my bad!