The Simpson MS61084-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson MS61084-S
The Simpson MS61084-S is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 196 cc (6.5 hp) engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3400 PSI (around 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson MS61084-S has a cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
The Kohler SH265 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
The fuel is stored in a steel tank, which can hold up to 3.4 gallons of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson MS61084-S grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 64 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Kohler SH265 engine and its welded steel frame. Since the MS61084-S has a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Simpson MS61084-S itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Simpson MS61084-S's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Simpson MS61084-S comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, wand, spray gun, oil and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS61084-S is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS61084-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS61084-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3400 PSI, the Simpson MS61084-S ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $300 and $400.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 3100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- Reaching up to 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the MS61084-S is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Westinghouse WPX3400 and its 8840 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS61084-S is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 6.5 HP Kohler SH265 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||61084, 61085, MS61085|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 30.4 x 20.5 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS61084-S is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.