The Simpson MS61114 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||149cc KOHLER XTX675 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||MS61114-S, 61114|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24 x 17 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson MS61114
The Simpson MS61114 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Using a 149 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (roughly 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s KOHLER XTX675 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24 x W17 x H36 in, the Simpson MS61114 offers great mobility. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the MS61114 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 55 lbs. Its 149 cc KOHLER XTX675 engine and welded steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, the MS61114 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Simpson MS61114's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The Simpson MS61114 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson MS61114's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Simpson MS61114 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, wand, spray gun, oil and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS61114 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS61114's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS61114 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson MS61114, reaching a PSI of up to 2800, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $210-255 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Kärcher G2900E that can reach up to 2900 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Kärcher G2900E, with a GPM of 2.6.
- The 6440 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the MS61114 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Kärcher G2900E and its 7540 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS61114 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Good range of nozzles included
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- High PSI for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- Low GPM for the price
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS61114 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.