The Simpson MS61114 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson MS61114
The Simpson MS61114 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson MS61114's axial cam pump, powered by a 149 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (approximately 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Simpson MS61114 thus has a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
The KOHLER XTX675 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Simpson MS61114 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24 x W17 x H36 in. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the MS61114 convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 55 lbs. Its 149 cc KOHLER XTX675 engine and welded steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. Since the MS61114 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Simpson MS61114's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Simpson MS61114 will dilute the detergent with a 7:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Simpson MS61114's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson MS61114 also comes with oil, soap hose, wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS61114 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS61114's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS61114 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson MS61114, which can reach up to 2800 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $180 and $270. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the A-iPower APW3100 with a PSI of 3100.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Ryobi RY802925, that can deliver up to 2.5 GPM.
- The MS61114, with its 6440 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the A-iPower APW3100 and its 7750 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS61114 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||149 cc KOHLER XTX675 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||MS61114-S, 61114|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24 x 17 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS61114 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.