The Simpson MS61114 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||149 cc KOHLER XTX675 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||MS61114-S, 61114|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 24 x 17 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson MS61114
The Simpson MS61114 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson MS61114's axial cam pump, powered by a 149 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (approximately 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Simpson MS61114 thus has a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s KOHLER XTX675 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.3 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D24 x W17 x H36 in, the Simpson MS61114 provides great mobility. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the MS61114 convenience of transport.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 55 lbs. Its 149 cc KOHLER XTX675 engine and welded steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. The MS61114 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
The Simpson MS61114's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a dedicated tank. The detergent is diluted with a 7:1 ratio by the Simpson MS61114's automatic soap dilution mechanism. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson MS61114's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Simpson MS61114 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as soap hose, oil, wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson MS61114 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson MS61114's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MS61114 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson MS61114, which can reach up to 2800 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $180 and $270. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the A-iPower APW3100 with a PSI of 3100.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.3 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Ryobi RY802925 has the highest GPM of 2.5.
- With a rather impressive value of 6440 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the MS61114 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the A-iPower APW3100 and its 7750 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MS61114 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MS61114 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.