The Simpson MegaShot MSH3125-S is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||187cc 6 HP Honda GC190 4-stroke OHC|
|Other model numbers||60551|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson MSH3125-S
The Simpson MSH3125-S, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson MSH3125-S's axial cam pump, powered by a 187 cc (6 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Simpson MSH3125-S thus has a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GC190 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.48 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson MSH3125-S grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the MSH3125-S convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 55 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and its welded steel frame. But, as the MSH3125-S does have a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Simpson MSH3125-S's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The Simpson MSH3125-S has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson MSH3125-S allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson MSH3125-S also comes with spray gun, wand, pressure hose, soap hose and oil.
- Emissions: The Simpson MSH3125-S is NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it is not available in California for sale nor purchase.
The Simpson MSH3125-S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson MSH3125-S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3200 PSI, the Simpson MSH3125-S ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $300 and $400. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Simpson CM61083, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 3100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- The MSH3125-S, with its 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Predator 3100 with its 8680 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson MSH3125-S is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson MSH3125-S is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.