The Simpson PowerShot PS3835 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3800 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||270cc 9 HP Honda GX270 OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||60579|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 32 x 23 x 28 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson PS3835
In a nutshell, the Simpson PS3835 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
The Simpson PS3835's triplex pump, powered by a powerful 270 cc (9 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3800 PSI (approximately 63 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Simpson PS3835 thus has a cleaning power of 13300 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX270 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson PS3835 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the PS3835 convenience of transport.
This model weighs 123 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
The Simpson PS3835 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson PS3835's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson PS3835 also comes with spray gun, pressure hose, oil, soap hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Simpson PS3835 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson PS3835's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson PS3835 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson PS3835, a device which can produce up to 3800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $1550-2100 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with 4500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW60606, with 4 GPM.
- With 13300 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the PS3835 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with its 18000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 12500 and 14000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson PS3835 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Triplex pump
- Honda engine
- Designed to be stable
- Good range of nozzles included
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- 10 year (limited) warranty
- On the expensive side
- No soap tank
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson PS3835 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.