The Simpson PowerShot PS60843 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4400 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson PS60843
In a nutshell, the Simpson PS60843 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a powerful 420 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 4400 PSI (almost 73 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 17600 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a steel tank, which can hold up to 1.7 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson PS60843 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the PS60843 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 138 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. Its 420 cc Simpson engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the device’s two 13" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuvrability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
Along with the Simpson PS60843 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Simpson PS60843 will dilute the detergent with a 7:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/5" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson PS60843's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Simpson PS60843 comes with wand, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson PS60843 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Simpson PS60843's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson PS60843 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson PS60843, with a max water pressure of 4400 PSI, has one of the highest PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $600-700 price range.
- With a water flow of up to 4 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water.
- Boasting with 17600 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the PS60843 is one of the most efficient devices in its respective price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 17500 and 18000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson PS60843 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||420 cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/5|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 29.5 x 24.3 x 26.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson PS60843 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.