The Simpson PowerShot PS60843 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4400 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||420cc Simpson OHV 4-stroke|
|Other model numbers||PS61041|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/5|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 29.5 x 24.3 x 26.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson PS60843
The Simpson PS60843, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
With an impressive 420 cc engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 4400 PSI (roughly 73 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Simpson PS60843's cleaning power of 17600 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Simpson engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.7 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson PS60843 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the PS60843 convenience of transport.
This model weighs 138 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. Its 420 cc Simpson engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The Simpson PS60843 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The Simpson PS60843 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 7:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/5" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Simpson PS60843's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: The Simpson PS60843 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson PS60843 is NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it is not available in California for sale nor purchase.
The Simpson PS60843's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson PS60843 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson PS60843, which can reach up to 4400 PSI, has one of the highest pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $800 and $900.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 4 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- With a rather impressive value of 17600 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the PS60843 has one of the highest cleaning efficiencies compared to similarly priced devices.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 17500 and 18000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson PS60843 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Triplex pump
- Designed to be stable
- Good range of nozzles included
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- 10 year (limited) warranty
- High PSI for the price
- High GPM for the price
- High CU for the price
- No soap tank
- Not CARB-compliant
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson PS60843 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.
I bought this model and I gotta say it is a work horse,it is well worth the money,its ungodly the cleaning power for the price. It’s not a hot water pressure washer but the power makes up for it. I know there’s differences ,but it’s a dependable piece of equipment I give it on scale 1 to 10 a easy 9.5 the only reason not a 10 is because you dont want to make the mistake to not have the wand gripped when starting the pull start cord. I read where alot of buyers bought it and didnt pull the wand trigger when starting the motor.it will dislocate a shoulder almost but with the wand trigger pulled I can easily start the machine with one hand and o e hand holding the wand compressed. I give it a 10. My buddy do to not pulling the trigger gave it a 3 until he seen what it can do now he gives it a 9 so that equals 9.5. Also great at Lower pressure cleaning to.