The Simpson PowerShot PS60869 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4000 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Simpson PS60869
The Simpson PS60869, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 270 cc (9 hp) engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 4000 PSI (around 67 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Simpson PS60869 has a cleaning power of 14000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX270 engine.
The fuel is stored in a steel tank, which can hold up to 1.6 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson PS60869 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the PS60869 convenience of transport.
This model weighs 120 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. Its 270 cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
The Simpson PS60869's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson PS60869 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Simpson PS60869 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, oil, spray gun, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson PS60869 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson PS60869's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson PS60869 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson PS60869, with a maximum pressure output of 4000 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $800 to $900 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440 with a PSI of 4400.
- This washer reaches 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 4400, that can deliver up to 4.2 GPM.
- In comparison to other gas-powered units of similar price, the 14000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the PS60869 are average. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 14000 and 14500 Cleaning Units, the Simpson PS60869 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||270 cc 9 HP Honda GX270 OHV 4-stroke|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 38 x 23.5 x 29 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson PS60869 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.