The Simpson PowerShot PS60869 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4000 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||270cc 9 HP Honda GX270 OHV 4-stroke|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 38 x 23.5 x 29 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, steel wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson PS60869
The Simpson PS60869 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Simpson PS60869's triplex pump, powered by a powerful 270cc (9 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 4000 PSI (approximately 67 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Simpson PS60869 thus has a cleaning power of 14000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX270 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson PS60869 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the PS60869 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 120 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. A key role in its final weight is played by its 270cc Honda GX270 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, its two 13" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The Simpson PS60869's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its steel wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson PS60869's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson PS60869 also comes with soap hose, spray gun, wand, oil and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Simpson PS60869 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Simpson PS60869's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson PS60869 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 4000 PSI, the Simpson PS60869 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $900 and $1000. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K that can reach up to 4400 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Simpson PS4240, which can reach up to 4 GPM.
- With the PS60869's 14000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to gas-powered units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 13800 and 14700 Cleaning Units, the Simpson PS60869 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international, but their gas-powered pressure washers are made in the USA. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson PS60869 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.