The Simpson PS61201 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3500 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||196 cc 6.5 HP KOHLER SH270 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||AAA AX300 Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||61201|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 24 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Simpson PS61201
In a nutshell, the Simpson PS61201 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 196 cc (6.5 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3500 PSI (almost 58 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8750 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s KOHLER SH270 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.88 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Simpson PS61201 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the PS61201 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 74 lbs. Its 196 cc KOHLER SH270 engine and welded steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 10" pneumatic wheels allow the PS61201 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Simpson PS61201's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The Simpson PS61201 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 7:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Simpson PS61201's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Simpson PS61201 also comes with pressure hose, soap hose, wand, oil and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Simpson PS61201 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Simpson PS61201's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Simpson PS61201 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Simpson PS61201 with its 3500 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $825-900 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Simpson ALH4240 that can reach up to 4200 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Simpson ALH4240, with 4 GPM.
- The PS61201 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 8750 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Simpson ALH4240 with its 16800 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Simpson PS61201 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Simpson has over 50 years of experience making quality products for the outdoor power equipment industry. Part of the FNA Group based in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin since 2006, they are a vertically-integrated company, meaning most of the parts and accessories are manufactured and assembled by them. Their manufacturing facilities are international. With the company motto "Driven by Performance", Simpson continues to offer a great variety of pressure-washing systems for the homeowner or the professional contractor.
The Simpson PS61201 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Simpson pressure washers, please contact the Simpson Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.