The Stanley FatMax® SXPW3425 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SXPW3425
In a nutshell, the Stanley SXPW3425 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 208 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3400 PSI (around 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Stanley SXPW3425 has a cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Kohler engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.26 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Stanley SXPW3425 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the SXPW3425 convenience of transport.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 67 lbs. Its 208 cc Kohler engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. The SXPW3425 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels.
The Stanley SXPW3425 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 35 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Dial-N-Wash®: Stanley’s Dial-N-Wash® is an adjustable pressure regulator that allows you to choose a desired pressure for your specific cleaning application. High, medium and low pressure settings can be switched between easily by a simple twist. Its design assures its compatibility with most pressure washer standard spray wands and standard guns with threaded fittings.
- Onboard storage: With the Stanley SXPW3425's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stanley SXPW3425 comes with pressure regulator, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Stanley SXPW3425 is NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it is not available in California for sale nor purchase.
The Stanley SXPW3425's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SXPW3425 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SXPW3425, reaching a PSI of up to 3400, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $400-500 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Briggs & Stratton 20647 with a PSI of 3600.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.5 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370 has the highest GPM of 3.
- Reaching up to 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the SXPW3425 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SXPW3425 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||208 cc Kohler 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||60814|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 33.3 x 18.3 x 19.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Dial-N-Wash® pressure regulator|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SXPW3425 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please contact the Stanley Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.