The Stanley FatMax® SXPW3425 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||208cc Shineray 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||60814|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 33.3 x 18.3 x 19.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Dial-N-Wash® pressure regulator|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stanley SXPW3425
In a nutshell, the Stanley SXPW3425 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a powerful 208 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (almost 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
The Shineray engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.26 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Stanley SXPW3425 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the SXPW3425 convenience of transport.
Weighing 67 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 208 cc Shineray engine and its steel frame. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the SXPW3425 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Stanley SXPW3425 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 35 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Dial-N-Wash®: Stanley’s Dial-N-Wash® is an adjustable pressure regulator that allows you to choose a desired pressure for your specific cleaning application. High, medium and low pressure settings can be switched between easily by a simple twist. Its design assures its compatibility with most pressure washer standard spray wands and standard guns with threaded fittings.
- Onboard storage: The Stanley SXPW3425 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Stanley SXPW3425 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, spray gun, wand, nozzle cleaner and pressure regulator.
- Emissions: The Stanley SXPW3425 is NOT CARB-compliant. Therefore, it is not available in California for sale nor purchase.
The Stanley SXPW3425's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SXPW3425 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $380.
- With 3400 PSI, the Stanley SXPW3425 ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $300 and $400.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- With a rather impressive value of 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the SXPW3425 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Predator 3100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SXPW3425 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way. Stanley gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The Stanley SXPW3425 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please contact the Stanley Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.