The Stanley FatMax® SXPW3425 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||208 cc Shineray 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||60814|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||35 ft, ⌀5/16|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 33.3 x 18.3 x 19.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles, Dial-N-Wash® pressure regulator|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stanley SXPW3425
In a nutshell, the Stanley SXPW3425 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 208 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3400 PSI (around 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Stanley SXPW3425 has a cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Shineray engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.26 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Stanley SXPW3425 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the SXPW3425 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 67 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 208 cc Shineray engine and its steel frame. Since the SXPW3425 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Stanley SXPW3425 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 35 ft ⌀5/16" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Dial-N-Wash®: Stanley’s Dial-N-Wash® is an adjustable pressure regulator that allows you to choose a desired pressure for your specific cleaning application. High, medium and low pressure settings can be switched between easily by a simple twist. Its design assures its compatibility with most pressure washer standard spray wands and standard guns with threaded fittings.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Stanley SXPW3425's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stanley SXPW3425 also comes with spray gun, pressure hose, pressure regulator, wand and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The Stanley SXPW3425 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Stanley SXPW3425's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SXPW3425 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3400 PSI, the Stanley SXPW3425 ranks as one that can reach the highest pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $300 and $400.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 3100, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- The SXPW3425, with its 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Predator 3200 with its 8960 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SXPW3425 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way. Stanley gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The Stanley SXPW3425 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please contact the Stanley Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.