The Stanley SHP1600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SHP1600
The Stanley SHP1600, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 12 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (almost 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2080 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Stanley SHP1600's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W10 x H18 in, the Stanley SHP1600 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SHP1600 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 15 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two solid wheels.
The Stanley SHP1600's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. It must be noted that the Stanley SHP1600 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stanley SHP1600 also comes with nozzle cleaner, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, wand, power cord and pressure hose.
The Stanley SHP1600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SHP1600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SHP1600 with its 1600 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BY02-BCMH, which reaches up to 2300 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, with 1.76 GPM.
- The SHP1600 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2080 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BCMH with its 4025 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SHP1600 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||12 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 10 x 18 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SHP1600 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Stanley's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.