The Stanley SHP1600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SHP1600
In summary, the Stanley SHP1600 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 12 amp motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1600 PSI (around 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Stanley SHP1600 has a cleaning power of 2080 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SHP1600 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W10 x H18 in, the Stanley SHP1600 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SHP1600 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 15 lbs. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Stanley SHP1600 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. It must be noted that the Stanley SHP1600 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Stanley SHP1600 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand and power cord.
The Stanley SHP1600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SHP1600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SHP1600, a device which can produce up to 1600 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $80-110 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Realm BY02-BCOH that can reach up to 2100 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the WEN PW20, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The SHP1600's Cleaning Units, 2080 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the WEN PW20 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SHP1600 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 10 x 18 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SHP1600 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Stanley's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.