The Stanley SHP1600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||12 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 10 x 18 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stanley SHP1600
The Stanley SHP1600 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 12 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2080 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Stanley SHP1600's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W10 x H18 in, the Stanley SHP1600 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SHP1600 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 15 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two solid wheels.
The Stanley SHP1600's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. As the Stanley SHP1600 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stanley SHP1600 also comes with power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, pressure hose, wand and nozzle cleaner.
The Stanley SHP1600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SHP1600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SHP1600, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1600, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $120 to $150 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Stanley SHP2150 that can reach up to 2150 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3000 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- The 2080 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the SHP1600 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Westinghouse ePX3050, which can reach up to 3572.8 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SHP1600 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way. Stanley gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The Stanley SHP1600 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Stanley's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.