The Stanley SHP1600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||12 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 10 x 18 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stanley SHP1600
The Stanley SHP1600 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 12 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2080 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SHP1600 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W10 x H18 in, the Stanley SHP1600 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SHP1600 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 15 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. This light weight compensates for the fact that the SHP1600 doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
The Stanley SHP1600's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. It must be noted that the Stanley SHP1600 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stanley SHP1600 also comes with foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, power cord and pressure hose.
The Stanley SHP1600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SHP1600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SHP1600, a device which can produce up to 1600 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX3220 with 2300 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000, with 1.76 GPM.
- The 2080 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the SHP1600 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the AR Blue Clean AR383 and its 2850 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SHP1600 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way. Stanley gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The Stanley SHP1600 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.