The Stanley SHP1900 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SHP1900
The Stanley SHP1900, a light to medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1900 PSI (roughly 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2470 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SHP1900 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.3 x W15 x H32 in, the Stanley SHP1900 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SHP1900 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 24.9 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. A set of two 6" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Stanley SHP1900 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.22 gal tank. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the adjustable wand is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Pencil Stream' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Stanley SHP1900 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, power cord, nozzle cleaner, turbo lance, pressure hose and wand.
The Stanley SHP1900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SHP1900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SHP1900, with a maximum pressure output of 1900 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $140 to $170 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR with a PSI of 2400.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2866-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- The SHP1900's Cleaning Units, 2470 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR, which can reach up to 4200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SHP1900 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.22 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.3 x 15 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, turbo lance|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SHP1900 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Stanley's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.