The Stanley SHP1900 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SHP1900
In summary, the Stanley SHP1900 is a light to medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
The Stanley SHP1900's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1900 PSI (approximately 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Stanley SHP1900 thus has a cleaning power of 2470 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SHP1900 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.3 x W15 x H32 in, the Stanley SHP1900 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SHP1900 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 24.9 lbs, it is very easily carried around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two 6" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Stanley SHP1900 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.22 gal tank. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the adjustable wand is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Pencil Stream' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Stanley SHP1900 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, pressure hose, power cord and turbo lance.
The Stanley SHP1900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SHP1900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1900 PSI max pressure output, the Stanley SHP1900 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $100 to $150 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The 2470 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the SHP1900 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BCMT with its 3675 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SHP1900 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Soap tank||0.22 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.3 x 15 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, turbo lance|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SHP1900 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Stanley's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.