The Stanley SHP1900 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.22 gal, removable|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.3 x 15 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, turbo lance|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stanley SHP1900
The Stanley SHP1900, a light to medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1900 PSI (roughly 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2470 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SHP1900 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.3 x W15 x H32 in, the Stanley SHP1900 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SHP1900 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 24.9 lbs, it is very easily carried around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 6" wheels.
The Stanley SHP1900 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.22 gal tank. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the adjustable wand is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Pencil Stream' pattern.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The adjustable wand lets you adjust the spray pattern and intensity for each task, by twisting the spray nozzle at the far end of the wand.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Stanley SHP1900 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, wand, spray gun, power cord, turbo lance and nozzle cleaner.
The Stanley SHP1900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SHP1900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SHP1900 and its 1900 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $195 and $255. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2200 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- The 2470 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the SHP1900 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2019 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SHP1900 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way. Stanley gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The Stanley SHP1900 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Stanley's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.