The Stanley SHP2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SHP2000
In summary, the Stanley SHP2000 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2800 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SHP2000 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14 x W15 x H32 in, the Stanley SHP2000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SHP2000 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 30.6 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. A set of two 7" solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Stanley SHP2000 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.38 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Stanley SHP2000's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stanley SHP2000 also comes with pressure hose, wand, spray gun, power cord and nozzle cleaner.
The Stanley SHP2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SHP2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SHP2000 with its 2000 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $170-200 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with a PSI of 2800.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 1.4, can be considered in the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with a GPM of 1.8.
- As the SHP2000 has a total of 2800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SHP2000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.38 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14 x 15 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7", solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SHP2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Stanley's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.