The Stanley SHP2150 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2150 PSI and flow of 1.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SHP2150
The Stanley SHP2150 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2150 PSI (roughly 36 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 3010 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Stanley SHP2150's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.6 x W13.6 x H26.8 in, the Stanley SHP2150 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Because the device weighs just 25.5 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two 6" solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Stanley SHP2150's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its zinc-coated wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Stanley SHP2150 features a handy storage tray, which allows you to neatly store all its nozzles. The storage solution offered by this model is quite singular, as it allows storing the nozzles directly on the gun, instead of on the unit.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stanley SHP2150 comes with power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand, spray gun, pressure hose and nozzle cleaner.
The Stanley SHP2150's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SHP2150 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SHP2150, reaching a PSI of up to 2150, is one of the more powerful electric units in $150-200 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK that can reach up to 2600 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 1.4 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the WEN PW21, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With the SHP2150's 3010 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to electric units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SHP2150 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.6 x 13.6 x 26.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, zinc-coated wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SHP2150 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Stanley's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.