The Stanley SHP2150 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2150 PSI and flow of 1.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.6 x 13.6 x 26.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, zinc-coated wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stanley SHP2150
The Stanley SHP2150, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2150 PSI (roughly 36 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.4 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 3010 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SHP2150 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.6 x W13.6 x H26.8 in, the Stanley SHP2150 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Standing at only 25.5 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 6" solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Stanley SHP2150 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its zinc-coated wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Stanley SHP2150 features a handy storage tray, which allows you to neatly store all its nozzles. The storage solution offered by this model is quite singular, as it allows storing the nozzles directly on the gun, instead of on the unit.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Stanley SHP2150 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, power cord, nozzle cleaner, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand and pressure hose.
The Stanley SHP2150's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SHP2150 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SHP2150, which can reach up to 2150 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $170 and $200. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3501 that can reach up to 2300 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 1.4 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with a GPM of 1.8.
- With a rather impressive value of 3010 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the SHP2150 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the WEN PW21 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SHP2150 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way. Stanley gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The Stanley SHP2150 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Stanley's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.