The Stanley SLP2050 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2050 PSI and flow of 1.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SLP2050
In summary, the Stanley SLP2050 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Stanley SLP2050's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2050 PSI (approximately 34 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.4 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). The Stanley SLP2050 thus has a cleaning power of 2870 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SLP2050 is started simply by an ON/OFF button. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23 x W18 x H36 in, the Stanley SLP2050 offers great mobility. Its sturdy metal frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the SLP2050 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 36.4 lbs. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 8" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
In addition to that, the unit can be detached from the frame to become a versatile hand-carry device that allows you to use it anywhere on-the-go.
The Stanley SLP2050's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.22 gal tank. The device has a dial which allows you to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Wall-mountable: The unit can be stored on the wall thanks to the SLP2050-WMKIT (opens in a new tab) wall mount kit (not included). This is a welcomed feature when we need a neater storage solution or to clean the same area regularly (garage, barn, workshop, storage room, etc.)
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Stanley SLP2050 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stanley SLP2050 comes with power cord, pressure hose, wand, nozzle cleaner and spray gun.
The Stanley SLP2050's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SLP2050 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SLP2050, with a max water pressure of 2050 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the electric products in the $120-150 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BIOP with a PSI of 2400.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 1.4 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With a rather impressive value of 2870 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the SLP2050 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BIOP and its 3600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SLP2050 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap tank||0.22 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23 x 18 x 36 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SLP2050 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please consult Stanley's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-508-1330.