The Stanley SXPW2823 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SXPW2823
In summary, the Stanley SXPW2823 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2800 PSI (roughly 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Stanley SXPW2823's cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
The Stanley engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.26 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Stanley SXPW2823 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22 x W17.8 x H35.5 in. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the SXPW2823 convenience of transport.
Weighing 55.9 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Stanley engine and its welded steel frame. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the SXPW2823 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Stanley SXPW2823 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Stanley SXPW2823's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stanley SXPW2823 also comes with spray gun, pressure hose, wand and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The Stanley SXPW2823 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Stanley SXPW2823's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SXPW2823 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2800 PSI max pressure output, the Stanley SXPW2823 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $255-300 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Simpson CM61083, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Excell EPW2123100 has the highest GPM of 2.8.
- The SXPW2823 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 6440 CU (PSI x GPM). If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Excell EPW2123100, which can reach up to 8680 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SXPW2823 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Stanley 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22 x 17.8 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SXPW2823 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please contact the Stanley Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.