The Stanley SXPW2823 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SXPW2823
The Stanley SXPW2823 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 196 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (almost 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Stanley engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.26 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Stanley SXPW2823 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22 x W17.8 x H35.5 in. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the SXPW2823 convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 55.9 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Stanley engine and its welded steel frame. But, as the SXPW2823 does have a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Stanley SXPW2823 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Stanley SXPW2823's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stanley SXPW2823 also comes with pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Stanley SXPW2823 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Stanley SXPW2823's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SXPW2823 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SXPW2823, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2800, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $255 to $300 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Simpson MS60920-S with 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 2.3, can be considered in the average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Powermate 7131, with 2.5 GPM.
- The SXPW2823 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 6440 CU (PSI x GPM). In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Simpson MS60920-S and its 8000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SXPW2823 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Stanley 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22 x 17.8 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SXPW2823 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please contact the Stanley Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.