The Stanley SXPW2823 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc Stanley 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||60866, 60923|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22 x 17.8 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stanley SXPW2823
In a nutshell, the Stanley SXPW2823 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 196cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2800 PSI (around 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Stanley SXPW2823 has a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
The Stanley engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.26 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Stanley SXPW2823 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22 x W17.8 x H35.5 in. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the SXPW2823 convenience of transport.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 55.9 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 196cc Stanley engine and welded steel frame. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the SXPW2823 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Stanley SXPW2823's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Stanley SXPW2823's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stanley SXPW2823 comes with pressure hose, spray gun, wand and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The Stanley SXPW2823 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Stanley SXPW2823's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SXPW2823 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $270.
- The Stanley SXPW2823, with a maximum pressure output of 2800 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $240 to $300 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Powerhorse 89897 with 3200 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Powerhorse 89897, with a GPM of 2.6.
- As the SXPW2823 has a total of 6440 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Powerhorse 89897 and its 8320 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SXPW2823 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way. Stanley gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The Stanley SXPW2823 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please contact the FNA Group Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.