The Stanley SXPW2823 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SXPW2823
In a nutshell, the Stanley SXPW2823 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Stanley SXPW2823's axial cam pump, powered by a 196 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (approximately 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Stanley SXPW2823 thus has a cleaning power of 6440 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Stanley engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.26 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22 x W17.8 x H35.5 in, the Stanley SXPW2823 provides great mobility. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the SXPW2823 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 55.9 lbs. Its 196 cc Stanley engine and welded steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the SXPW2823 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Stanley SXPW2823's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Stanley SXPW2823's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Stanley SXPW2823 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, pressure hose, wand and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The Stanley SXPW2823 is CARB-compliant, and you may buy or sell it any of the 50 states, including California.
The Stanley SXPW2823's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SXPW2823 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SXPW2823, a device which can produce up to 2800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $250-300 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Powerhorse 89897 with a PSI of 3200.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Powerhorse 89897, which can reach up to 2.6 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 6440 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the SXPW2823 rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Powerhorse 89897 with its 8320 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6000 and 6500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SXPW2823 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Stanley 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22 x 17.8 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SXPW2823 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please contact the Stanley Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.