The Stanley SXPW3124 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Stanley 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||60832|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22 x 17.8 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stanley SXPW3124
In a nutshell, the Stanley SXPW3124 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 196 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (almost 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7440 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Stanley engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.26 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Stanley SXPW3124 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22 x W17.8 x H35.5 in. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the SXPW3124 convenience of transport.
Weighing 70 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 196 cc Stanley engine and welded steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the SXPW3124 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Stanley SXPW3124 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Stanley SXPW3124 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stanley SXPW3124 also comes with pressure hose, wand, nozzle cleaner and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Stanley SXPW3124 is CARB-compliant. Thus, it can be bought and sold in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Stanley SXPW3124's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SXPW3124 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stanley SXPW3124, which can reach a PSI of 3100, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $300 and $400. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3400, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.4 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Predator 3200, that can deliver up to 2.8 GPM.
- The 7440 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the SXPW3124 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Predator 3200 with its 8960 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SXPW3124 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way. Stanley gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The Stanley SXPW3124 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please contact the Stanley Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.