The Stanley SXPW3124 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stanley SXPW3124
In summary, the Stanley SXPW3124 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Stanley SXPW3124's axial cam pump, powered by a 196 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (approximately 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.4 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Stanley SXPW3124 thus has a cleaning power of 7440 Cleaning Units.
The Stanley engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.26 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Stanley SXPW3124 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D22 x W17.8 x H35.5 in. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the SXPW3124 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 70 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 196 cc Stanley engine and welded steel frame. Since the SXPW3124 has a set of two 12" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Stanley SXPW3124 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Stanley SXPW3124's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Stanley SXPW3124 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, spray gun, pressure hose and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The Stanley SXPW3124 is CARB-compliant, which means that it’s purchase and sale is legal in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Stanley SXPW3124's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stanley SXPW3124 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Stanley SXPW3124 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $400 to $500 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Briggs & Stratton 20505, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.4 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flows value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370E has the highest GPM of 3.
- The SXPW3124 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 7440 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370E with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the Stanley SXPW3124 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (90°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Stanley 4-stroke OHC|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 22 x 17.8 x 35.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Founded in 1843 by Frederick Stanley in New Britain, Connecticut, Stanley has become one of the most famous names in hand tools worldwide. The Stanley Works company merged with Black & Decker in March 2010 to form Stanley Black & Decker. Building on its reputation for the quality and reliability of its manual hand tools, the company has also branched out into electric tools and outdoor power equipment, such as pressure washers and wet-dry vacuums. By using technology and innovation, the company is committed to the continued production of quality products in an environmentally sustainable way.
The Stanley SXPW3124 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stanley pressure washers, please contact the Stanley Customer Support: 1-877-362-4271.