The Stihl RB 200 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stihl RB 200
In a nutshell, the Stihl RB 200 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 173 cc (5 hp) engine, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (roughly 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 5750 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Kohler 173XT engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.38 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D27.3 x W18.1 x H37.3 in, the Stihl RB 200 offers great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 62.5 lbs. Its 173 cc Kohler 173XT engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. The RB 200 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" wheels.
Along with the Stihl RB 200 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. As the Stihl RB 200 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Stihl RB 200 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stihl RB 200 comes with soap hose, spray gun, wand, oil and pressure hose.
The Stihl RB 200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RB 200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RB 200 and its 2500 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $400 and $500. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Briggs & Stratton 20505, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370E has the highest GPM of 3.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 5750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the RB 200 rank as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 5200 and 6300 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RB 200 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (125°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc 5 HP Kohler 173XT 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 27.3 x 18.1 x 37.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RB 200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.