The Stihl RB 200 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stihl RB 200
The Stihl RB 200 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 173 cc (5 hp) engine, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (roughly 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 5750 Cleaning Units.
The Kohler 173XT engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.38 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D27.3 x W18.1 x H37.3 in, the Stihl RB 200 provides great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 62.5 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 173 cc Kohler 173XT engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 12" wheels allow the RB 200 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Stihl RB 200 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. As the Stihl RB 200 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Stihl RB 200's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stihl RB 200 also comes with spray gun, pressure hose, oil, soap hose and wand.
The Stihl RB 200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RB 200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RB 200, a device which can produce up to 2500 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $400-500 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Briggs & Stratton 20647 that can reach up to 3600 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with 3 GPM.
- The RB 200 has 5750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 5200 and 6300 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RB 200 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (125°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc 5 HP Kohler 173XT 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 27.3 x 18.1 x 37.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RB 200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.