The Stihl RB 200 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stihl RB 200
The Stihl RB 200 is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 173 cc (5 hp) engine, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (roughly 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 5750 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Kohler 173XT engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.38 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D27.3 x W18.1 x H37.3 in, the Stihl RB 200 offers great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Weighing 62.5 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 173 cc Kohler 173XT engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" wheels, the RB 200 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Stihl RB 200 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. However, since the Stihl RB 200 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Stihl RB 200's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stihl RB 200 comes with oil, spray gun, wand, soap hose and pressure hose.
The Stihl RB 200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RB 200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RB 200 with its 2500 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $400-500 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Champion 100786 with 3500 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, with a GPM of 3.
- The RB 200 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 5750 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 5500 and 6000 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RB 200 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (125°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc 5 HP Kohler 173XT 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 27.3 x 18.1 x 37.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RB 200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.