The Stihl RB 200 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (125°F max.)|
|Engine||173cc 5 HP Kohler 173XT 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 27.3 x 18.1 x 37.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stihl RB 200
In summary, the Stihl RB 200 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Stihl RB 200's axial pump, powered by a 173cc (5 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (approximately 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Stihl RB 200 thus has a cleaning power of 5750 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Kohler 173XT engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.38 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Stihl RB 200 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D27.3 x W18.1 x H37.3 in. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 62.5 lbs. Its 173cc Kohler 173XT engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" wheels, the RB 200 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
Along with the Stihl RB 200 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The Stihl RB 200 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Stihl RB 200's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Stihl RB 200 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, wand, spray gun, soap hose and pressure hose.
The Stihl RB 200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RB 200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RB 200 with its 2500 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $600-700 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3800, which reaches up to 3800 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Westinghouse WPX3800 has the highest GPM of 3.6.
- With 5750 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the RB 200 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Westinghouse WPX3800 and its 13680 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 5200 and 6300 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RB 200 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RB 200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.