The Stihl RB 200 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (125°F max.)|
|Engine||173 cc 5 HP Kohler 173XT 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 27.3 x 18.1 x 37.3 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12"|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 3 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stihl RB 200
In a nutshell, the Stihl RB 200 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 173 cc (5 hp) engine, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (roughly 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 5750 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Kohler 173XT engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.38 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D27.3 x W18.1 x H37.3 in, the Stihl RB 200 provides great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 62.5 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. A major component of its weight are its 173 cc Kohler 173XT engine and steel tubing frame. Since the RB 200 has a set of two 12" wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Stihl RB 200 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. It must be noted that the Stihl RB 200 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Stihl RB 200's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Stihl RB 200 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, wand, spray gun, oil and soap hose.
The Stihl RB 200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RB 200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RB 200, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2500, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $400 to $500 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Ryobi RY803423H that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 5750 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the RB 200 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Predator 3100 and its 8680 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 5200 and 6300 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RB 200 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RB 200 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.