The Stihl RB 600 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (125°F max.)|
|Engine||208 cc 7 HP Kohler CH270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||40 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 32.8 x 29 x 42 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stihl RB 600
In summary, the Stihl RB 600 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 208 cc (7 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3200 PSI (around 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Stihl RB 600 has a cleaning power of 9600 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Kohler CH270 engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D32.8 x W29 x H42 in, the Stihl RB 600 offers great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The unit's weight of 118 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. Its 208 cc Kohler CH270 engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the device’s two 13" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuverability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The Stihl RB 600 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. As the Stihl RB 600 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 40 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Stihl RB 600's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stihl RB 600 comes with spray gun, pressure hose, wand, soap hose and oil.
The Stihl RB 600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RB 600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RB 600, a device which can produce up to 3200 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $900-1000 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the A-iPower APW4200 with a PSI of 4200.
- This washer, with a GPM of 3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Powerhorse 1574200, that can deliver up to 4 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 9600 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the RB 600 rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the A-iPower APW4200 and its 16800 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9500 and 10000 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RB 600 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RB 600 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.