The Stihl RB 600 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stihl RB 600
In summary, the Stihl RB 600 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Stihl RB 600's brass triplex pump, powered by an impressive 208 cc (7 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Stihl RB 600 thus has a cleaning power of 9600 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Kohler CH270 engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D32.8 x W29 x H42 in, the Stihl RB 600 offers great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The device weighs 118 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. A key role in its final weight is played by its 208 cc Kohler CH270 engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame. However, the unit’s two 13" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
Along with the Stihl RB 600 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. As the Stihl RB 600 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 40 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Stihl RB 600's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Stihl RB 600 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, soap hose, oil, spray gun and pressure hose.
The Stihl RB 600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RB 600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RB 600, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3200, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $900 to $1000 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440 with 4400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 4400, with 4.2 GPM.
- The RB 600 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 9600 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9500 and 10000 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RB 600 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (125°F max.)|
|Engine||208 cc 7 HP Kohler CH270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||40 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 32.8 x 29 x 42 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RB 600 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.