The Stihl RB 600 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stihl RB 600
The Stihl RB 600 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 208 cc (7 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 9600 Cleaning Units.
The Kohler CH270 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Stihl RB 600 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D32.8 x W29 x H42 in. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 118 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. Its 208 cc Kohler CH270 engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, its two 13" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuvrability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The Stihl RB 600 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. It must be noted that the Stihl RB 600 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 40 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Stihl RB 600 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stihl RB 600 comes with pressure hose, spray gun, oil, wand and soap hose.
The Stihl RB 600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RB 600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RB 600 with its 3200 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $900-1000 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440 with 4400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Predator 4400 has the highest GPM of 4.2.
- The RB 600 has 9600 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Predator 4400 with its 18480 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9500 and 10000 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RB 600 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (125°F max.)|
|Engine||208 cc 7 HP Kohler CH270 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||40 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 32.8 x 29 x 42 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RB 600 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.