The Stihl RB 800 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stihl RB 800
The Stihl RB 800, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its brass triplex pump, which utilizes an impressive 429 cc (14 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (almost 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Kohler CH440 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.8 gallon.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D33.5 x W31 x H45.8 in, the Stihl RB 800 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of 168 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. The main contributor to its weight are its 429 cc Kohler CH440 engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
Along with the Stihl RB 800 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. As the Stihl RB 800 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Stihl RB 800 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Stihl RB 800 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, pressure hose, oil, soap hose and spray gun.
The Stihl RB 800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RB 800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RB 800, with a max water pressure of 4200 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $1100-1500 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with 4500 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 4 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- Reaching up to 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the RB 800 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite, which can reach up to 18000 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RB 800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (125°F max.)|
|Engine||429 cc 14 HP Kohler CH440 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 33.5 x 31 x 45.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RB 800 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.