The Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Pressure control||Via gun|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, Control spray gun, high pressure hose, detergent tank, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3-in-1 nozzle|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL
In a nutshell, the Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (approximately 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL thus has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RE 100 PLUS CONTROL convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 19.8 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a 3-in-1 nozzle and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable tank. Detergent is automatically added to the water when "detergent" is selected on the 3-in-1 nozzle.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: The included Control spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: a 3-in-1 nozzle is included.
Stihl's 3-in-1 nozzle offers three spray pattern settings (fan-jet, rotary, and detergent). Selection of a specific spray pattern is made by simply turning off the unit, and rotating the nozzle to the desired setting.
Stihl's Control trigger gun provides you with an easy and convenient way to control pressure when cleaning.
Powered by 2 AAA batteries, it features a button that allows you to easily swap between three different pressure levels. The desired pressure level is then communicated to the motor via radio frequency.
LED indicators illuminate to clearly show you which of the 3 pressure levels is currently selected.
- Onboard storage: The Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, using the adjustable throttle of the trigger gun.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL also comes with detergent tank, wand, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, spray gun and power cord.
The Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $255-300 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3200e, which reaches up to 3200 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2200 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- The RE 100 PLUS CONTROL ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2160 CU (PSI X GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Pulsar PWE2000 and its 3200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RE 100 PLUS CONTROL is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.