The Stihl RE 90 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||Fan jet, Rotary|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.3 x 11.4 x 33.9 in|
|Pressure control||Via fan-jet nozzle|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stihl RE 90
The Stihl RE 90, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1800 PSI (around 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Stihl RE 90 has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the RE 90 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13.3 x W11.4 x H33.9 in, the Stihl RE 90 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RE 90 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 23.4 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Stihl RE 90's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. However, since the Stihl RE 90 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use.
- Pressure hose: The 19 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: 2 nozzles are included. The rotary-jet nozzle can be used to remove stubborn dirt, while the fan-jet nozzle is suitable for cleaning larger surfaces.
- Onboard storage: The Stihl RE 90's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, by rotating the fan-jet nozzle.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stihl RE 90 comes with wand, power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun and pressure hose.
The Stihl RE 90's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RE 90 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RE 90 with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $170-200 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3550 with a PSI of 2350.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3550, with 1.8 GPM.
- The 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the RE 90 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Pulsar PWE2000, which can reach up to 3200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RE 90 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RE 90 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.