The Stihl RE 90 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stihl RE 90
The Stihl RE 90 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Stihl RE 90's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13.3 x W11.4 x H33.9 in, the Stihl RE 90 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RE 90 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 23.4 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. A set of two solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Stihl RE 90's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. As the Stihl RE 90 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: The 19 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzle: 2 nozzles are included. The rotary-jet nozzle can be used to remove stubborn dirt, while the fan-jet nozzle is suitable for cleaning larger surfaces.
- Onboard storage: The Stihl RE 90's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, by rotating the fan-jet nozzle.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Stihl RE 90 also comes with pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, wand and power cord.
The Stihl RE 90's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RE 90 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RE 90 and its 1800 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $150 and $210. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with a PSI of 2800.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the WEN PW21, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- The RE 90's Cleaning Units, 2160 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RE 90 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||Fan jet, Rotary|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.3 x 11.4 x 33.9 in|
|Pressure control||Via fan-jet nozzle|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RE 90 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.