The Stihl RE 90 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Stihl RE 90
The Stihl RE 90 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
The RE 90 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13.3 x W11.4 x H33.9 in, the Stihl RE 90 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RE 90 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 23.4 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Stihl RE 90 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. However, since the Stihl RE 90 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use.
- Pressure hose: The 19 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: 2 nozzles are included. The rotary-jet nozzle can be used to remove stubborn dirt, while the fan-jet nozzle is suitable for cleaning larger surfaces.
- Onboard storage: The Stihl RE 90 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, by rotating the fan-jet nozzle.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stihl RE 90 comes with spray gun, power cord, pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and wand.
The Stihl RE 90's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RE 90 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $180.
- The Stihl RE 90 with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $150-200 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX that can reach up to 2800 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the WEN PW21, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The RE 90 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2160 CU (PSI x GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RE 90 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||Fan jet, Rotary|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.3 x 11.4 x 33.9 in|
|Pressure control||Via fan-jet nozzle|
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RE 90 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.