The Stihl RE 90 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (104°F max.)
|13 amp, universal
|Via foam cannon
|Fan jet, Rotary
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13.3 x 11.4 x 33.9 in
|Via fan-jet nozzle
|2 wheels, solid
|Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Stihl RE 90
In summary, the Stihl RE 90 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Stihl RE 90's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13.3 x W11.4 x H33.9 in, the Stihl RE 90 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the RE 90 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 23.4 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. A set of two solid wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Stihl RE 90 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. It must be noted that the Stihl RE 90 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: The 19 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: 2 nozzles are included. The rotary-jet nozzle can be used to remove stubborn dirt, while the fan-jet nozzle is suitable for cleaning larger surfaces.
- Onboard storage: The Stihl RE 90 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Pressure control: Water pressure can be manually changed, by rotating the fan-jet nozzle.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Stihl RE 90 comes with power cord, spray gun, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand and pressure hose.
The Stihl RE 90's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Stihl RE 90 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Stihl RE 90, a device which can produce up to 1800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $150-170 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse ePX3500 with 2500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Westinghouse ePX3500 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- The 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the RE 90 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the AR Blue Clean AR2N1 and its 2870 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Stihl RE 90 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Since revolutionizing the forestry industry in 1926 with the invention of the first two-person electric chainsaw, STIHL has become one of the top-selling brands of outdoor power equipment in the US and around the world. Their ever-growing product line includes gas-powered, corded-electric and battery products. Made in the USA and in China by over 2,000 dedicated employees at their state-of-the-art, dedicated, manufacturing facilities in Virginia Beach, VA, and in Qingdao, STIHL products are sold by local, authorized dealers in over 80 countries.
The Stihl RE 90 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Stihl pressure washers, please consult Stihl's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-467-8445.