The Sun Joe SPX1000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1450 PSI and flow of 1.45 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX1000
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX1000 is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
With a 11.5 amp motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 1450 PSI (roughly 24 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.45 GPM, resulting in the Sun Joe SPX1000's cleaning power of 2102.5 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX1000's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D12 x W9.8 x H19 in, the Sun Joe SPX1000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX1000 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 11.7 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. A set of two 6" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Sun Joe SPX1000 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun. As the Sun Joe SPX1000 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX1000 also comes with nozzle cleaner, power cord, spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
The Sun Joe SPX1000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX1000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX1000 and its 1450 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $80 and $100. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the WEN PW20 with 2030 PSI.
- This washer reaches 1.45 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the WEN PW20, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2102.5 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the SPX1000 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW20 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX1000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 12 x 9.8 x 19 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX1000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).