The Sun Joe SPX1000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1150 PSI and flow of 1.45 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX1000
In summary, the Sun Joe SPX1000 is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
Using a 11.5 amp motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of up to 1150 PSI (roughly 19 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.45 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1667.5 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX1000 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D12 x W9.8 x H19 in, the Sun Joe SPX1000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX1000 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 11.7 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 6" wheels.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX1000 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun. The Sun Joe SPX1000 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Sun Joe SPX1000 also comes with wand, pressure hose, spray gun, nozzle cleaner and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX1000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX1000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX1000, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1150, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $50 to $80 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the WEN PW19 with 2000 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.45 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the WEN PW19 has the highest GPM of 1.6.
- The SPX1000 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 1667.5 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the WEN PW19 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX1000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 12 x 9.8 x 19 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX1000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).