The Sun Joe SPX1000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1450 PSI and flow of 1.45 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX1000
The Sun Joe SPX1000 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
The Sun Joe SPX1000's axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 11.5 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1450 PSI (approximately 24 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.45 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). The Sun Joe SPX1000 thus has a cleaning power of 2102.5 Cleaning Units.
The SPX1000 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D12 x W9.8 x H19 in, the Sun Joe SPX1000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX1000 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 11.7 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 6" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Sun Joe SPX1000's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun. The Sun Joe SPX1000 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX1000 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, spray gun, pressure hose, wand and power cord.
The Sun Joe SPX1000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX1000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX1000, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1450, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $80 to $110 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BY02-BCOH with 2100 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 1.45 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3000 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- With 2102.5 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the SPX1000 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Sun Joe SPX3000 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX1000 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||11.5 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||No|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 12 x 9.8 x 19 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX1000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).