The Sun Joe SPX1050 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1500 PSI and flow of 1.58 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||10.5 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX1050
The Sun Joe SPX1050, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 10.5 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1500 PSI (almost 25 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.58 GPM. These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1000 PSI and rated flow is 1.4 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1400 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX1050 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX1050 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX1050 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 12.7 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. Because the SPX1050 is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX1050 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX1050 features a handy nozzle storage solution located directly on the wand, instead of on the unit.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX1050 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), garden hose adapter, power cord, spray gun, nozzle cleaner and wand.
The Sun Joe SPX1050's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX1050 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX1050, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1500, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $100 to $130 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Westinghouse ePX3500 that can reach up to 2500 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.58 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- The SPX1050 has 1400 Cleaning Units, which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Pulsar PWE2001V and its 3200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1000 and 1500 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX1050 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX1050 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).