The Sun Joe SPX1500 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1740 PSI and flow of 1.59 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX1500
In a nutshell, the Sun Joe SPX1500 is a light duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
The Sun Joe SPX1500's axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 12 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1740 PSI (approximately 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.59 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). The Sun Joe SPX1500 thus has a cleaning power of 2766.6 Cleaning Units.
The SPX1500 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D12.9 x W10.6 x H25.6 in, the Sun Joe SPX1500 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX1500 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 13.5 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 5" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Sun Joe SPX1500 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun. It must be noted that the Sun Joe SPX1500 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX1500 comes with pressure hose, spray gun, power cord, wand and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX1500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX1500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX1500, a device which can produce up to 1740 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BY02-VBW-WT with 2100 PSI.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.59 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the WEN PW20, with a GPM of 1.76.
- As the SPX1500 has a total of 2766.6 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW20 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX1500 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||12 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 12.9 x 10.6 x 25.6 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX1500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).