The Sun Joe SPX1500 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1740 PSI and flow of 1.59 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Motor||12 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 12.9 x 10.6 x 25.6 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX1500
The Sun Joe SPX1500 is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
Using a 12 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of up to 1740 PSI (roughly 29 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.59 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1160 PSI and rated flow is 1.36 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1577.6 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX1500's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D12.9 x W10.6 x H25.6 in, the Sun Joe SPX1500 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX1500 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 13.5 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 5" wheels.
The Sun Joe SPX1500 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the gun. As the Sun Joe SPX1500 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. Sun Joe's adjustable wand removes the need for different nozzles. By turning the pressure adjustment knob, it is possible to easily change the water pressure from an intense, 0° jet spray to a gentle, 45° fan spray.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Sun Joe SPX1500 comes with spray gun, power cord, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and wand.
The Sun Joe SPX1500's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX1500 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX1500, with a maximum pressure output of 1740 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $100 to $130 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX that can reach up to 2100 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.59 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- The SPX1500 has 1577.6 Cleaning Units, which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the WEN PW1900, which can reach up to 3200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX1500 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX1500 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).