The Sun Joe SPX1650 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||11 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, solid|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Sun Joe SPX1650
The Sun Joe SPX1650 is a light to medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
Using a 11 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of up to 1900 PSI (roughly 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1300 PSI and rated flow is 1.2 GPM. Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1560 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the SPX1650 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Sun Joe SPX1650 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the SPX1650 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 17.6 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two solid wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Sun Joe SPX1650's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Sun Joe SPX1650 features a handy nozzle storage solution located directly on the wand, instead of on the unit.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Sun Joe SPX1650 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, power cord, spray gun, pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and nozzle cleaner.
The Sun Joe SPX1650's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Sun Joe SPX1650 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Sun Joe SPX1650, with a max water pressure of 1900 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the electric products in the $80-110 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the WEN PW22 that can reach up to 2100 PSI.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.5 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- With 1560 Cleaning Units, the SPX1650 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW22 and its 2730 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Sun Joe SPX1650 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Onboard storage
- High PSI for the price
- High GPM for the price
- Could include more nozzles
- Low CU for the price
About Sun Joe
Sun Joe is the brand that the parent Snow Joe Company uses to market its line of summertime outdoor power equipment. Founded in 1994 in Edison, NJ, Snow Joe + Sun Joe has consistently supplied do-it-yourselfers with quality corded electric and battery-powered tools for home and gardening needs. The company strives to be ecologically friendly and prides itself on innovation and low-cost solutions. Their range of products includes snow throwers, lawn mowers, pressure washers, and trimmers. The design team is located in Carlstadt, NJ, while the manufacturing facilities are located in China, India, Taiwan, Japan, as well as in the USA.
The Sun Joe SPX1650 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Sun Joe pressure washers, please consult Sun Joe's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-SNOWJOE (866-766-9563).